My 2021 Elk Season

My bull was about 20 yards with a Ross Cardiac at 60 lbs. My brother shot his at about 40 yards with a Hoyt but I can't remember which one he had at the time.

Unfortunately, it looks like my hunt probably won't happen. Most of the timber in my unit is on fire now.
Thank you for the reply and again
Congratulations to not you and your son on a couple of very nice elk.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Bad news guys. I decided to return my tag and get my points back. The entire unit is still closed to public access.

The best-case scenario now would be the areas outside the fire perimeter opening which wouldn't allow me to hunt anything I would want to. Time to focus on my other hunts.

hobbes

WKR
Well that sucks but sounds like it was your best option. Good luck with your other hunts. What else do you have lined up?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Well that sucks but sounds like it was your best option. Good luck with your other hunts. What else do you have lined up?
General deer in WA. My son has a 2nd season CO buck tag. My dad and I also have 3rd season CO buck tags for the same unit. Will be way less hunting compared to normal years but should still be fun.

Jdubb518

FNG
I was extremely lucky in the WA draws and pulled another quality archery tag in a good unit. My brother and I drew as partners in 2015 and killed two really nice bulls.

My bull shot on day 19 of the hunt.

View attachment 298911

My brother's bull shot on day 21.

View attachment 298912

This time will likely be a lot harder since the herd is now at a 30 year low and wolves have increased big time. I'm still optimistic that I can find some good bulls and have a great hunt. Either way, I'm looking forward to setting a bunch of cameras and spending as much time as possible scouting and shooting my bow to give myself a chance.

Stay tuned and I'll post updates here as the season progresses.
Wow beautiful Bulls Congrats nice work!!!!