My 300 WSM AKA (THE PUG)

We've had 100% success with them, the 200 and the 215 Hybrids. Slight front quartering-to shots in the shoulder are not a risky proposition anymore as before with the hunting bullets from Berger.
I always run a tiny drill bit down the hollowpoint hole (without touching the meplat) to remove just a bit of material and make sure there's no obstruction in there that would impede expansion.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ryan, I know you've got some stuff going on with 7828ssc, but I think RL26 might be worth another look with a different primer. It was worth the effort to test in my 300 WSM loaded similarly.

I was seeing some strange spikes every once in a while with Fed 210s so I switched to CCI250s with identical velocities and the spikes were gone. Might be worth a try if you want to chase out a few more fps.

I was using 250s when I had the spike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I did a temp check on the 7828ssc. Don’t think it will work for me. That’s a big swing!
a7f8b603de2d25365291d13f5b0b0917.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B23

WKR
I know you said you weren't a fan of RL26 but what about RL16? It's very temp stable and per QL with those 200.20X is one of the better powders for velocity. Just a thought.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been following this build and load work up. What made you go with the 20” Carbon wrapped vs just a fluted steel barrel?

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I’ve been following this build and load work up. What made you go with the 20” Carbon wrapped vs just a fluted steel barrel?
I wanted the overall barrel length to be 25" with a suppressor. The barrel was kind of lucky. @Unknown Munitions had it on order and changed his mind on the build. I have used several Carbon Six barrels and all have shot well. I have no issues using a steel barrel. I am building a noodle barreled 6CM that will be suppressed too.

B23

WKR
Well, I was lucky enough to score some ADG 300 WSM brass for testing.
You don't by chance know the case capacity of that ADG 300 WSM brass do you and if you don't maybe you could measure a couple case with H2O. I'm curious how the ADG 300 WSM brass compares to the Norma stuff.

khuber84

WKR
You don't by chance know the case capacity of that ADG 300 WSM brass do you and if you don't maybe you could measure a couple case with H2O. I'm curious how the ADG 300 WSM brass compares to the Norma stuff.
From another source it actually holds a grain more water than Norma. Believe necks are just a lil thicker too. I've been waiting impatiently last 8 months for the adg 300wsm brass. Looks like we won't see it till fall.

tdot

WKR
From another source it actually holds a grain more water than Norma. Believe necks are just a lil thicker too. I've been waiting impatiently last 8 months for the adg 300wsm brass. Looks like we won't see it till fall.
I enquired about an eta from ADG on 7saum and 300wsm brass last week. Their response was Jul/Aug for 7 saum and Dec/Jan for 300wsm. Their production dates keep slipping, so it could be even later.

khuber84

WKR
I enquired about an eta from ADG on 7saum and 300wsm brass last week. Their response was Jul/Aug for 7 saum and Dec/Jan for 300wsm. Their production dates keep slipping, so it could be even later.
I know how this goes. Ordered 2x terminus action mid March. Was told 30 days. It's been 101 days and no actions......this is frustrating. He's a one man show, hire some freaking help already.