My 5 Day Cold Shot Challenge

GLB

WKR
1529B4F4-1574-4555-B2BD-EE76E58B67C9.jpeg7788F2F5-1D85-42B5-92A0-ED03A6FD20F2.jpegAC59E963-A2EC-4FDE-8C29-7575B10377E0.jpeg725486A4-8D38-433D-83AD-4851DD71C9D8.jpeg36AE6267-BCF0-4605-A741-531D953760CD.jpeg
This was a 5 day challenge that I wanted to do as a confidence builder. I have seen others do something similar and thought that it was a good idea. I had shared these Photos each day with a friend and then decided I would share them here with you guys
The rules I place on myself for this challenge were:
  1. Had to be first thing in the morning with no stretching no warm ups ( true cold shot)
  2. That shot had to stay in the target, good or bad all day until that evening or next day. (I knew this would put extra pressure on me as I hate to not make up a bad shot)
  3. Each shot had to be with a broadhead arrow.

The bow is a Robertson Fatal Styk Recurve 53 lbs at my draw. The arrow , Easton Axis Traditional total weight 605 grains.

The distance was 20 yards from my elevated deck to my poor worn out target and happy to say I was within 3” of where I was aiming. The pictures are day 1 through day 5

Even though I’m glad it’s over I think this is good to do and really makes you think about that last shot.
Anyway I just wanted to share that with you and would love to see any of yours.

Last edited:
OP
GLB

GLB

WKR
^^^ didn’t know that, I’m not on there much.

Beendare

WKR
Nice shooting.

I found that I am just plain garbage without stretching and muscle warmup. I was Leary of doing the Cold shot challenge here last year because of it.

My shooting on the first shot improves drastically after stretching and using a band to warm up my shooting muscles and I now do that before each hunt.

____

Last edited:
OP
GLB

GLB

WKR
Normally I would stretch but for this challenge I wanted it to be like I was sitting in a tree stand or blind for a long time. I did drink a cup of coffee as I waited for it to get light😁

SwampGhost

Lil-Rokslider
I sometimes participate in the “First Shot of The Day” on the leather wall. It shows I need to practice more. Good shooting!
I say we start a first shot here....

Warmsy

WKR
Did you know that rokslide has the child bow challenge, beginning April 17th? Same thing your - with a chance to win prizes. I'll be participating.

OP
GLB

GLB

WKR
Did you know that rokslide has the child bow challenge, beginning April 17th? Same thing your - with a chance to win prizes. I'll be participating.
Yep and those are fun! I did it a couple years ago. We are starting bear season here and i will be concentrating on that. I’ll be shooting a few arrows every day throughout the season.

LostArra

WKR
Nice shooting.

I found that I am just plain garbage without stretching and muscle warmup. I was Leary of doing the cols shot thing last year because of it.

My shooting on the first shot improves drastically after stretching and using a band to warm up my shooting muscles and I now do that before each hunt.

____
^^Agree. I have to do some stretching prior to the first shot or the noises coming from my shoulders would spook the game and I would have no reason to shoot.

Reactions: GLB

Beendare

WKR
I can shoot my compound cold but I am a horrible cold shot shooter with my recurve.

At least I know it! Grin

I just can’t get the proper balance of expanding into the shot while aiming until I get a little bit warmed up.

So now what I do is warm up like I said above before I shoot and I try to stay tuned up on a hunt by shooting Throughout the day