My Alamo Precision Rifles Ultralight 28 Nosler LR rifle's first 3 shots

TwoTikkas

WKR
I talked with APR yesterday. Nice folks. I could see doing business with them in the future. Ill be watching your progress with interest. Nice rig!

PaLuke

FNG
Congratulations on your new setup. It’s nice when a dream comes together. Good luck hunting.

I use 79.8 grains of N570 in my 28. It runs the 195 to 3080. And its throated for the 195's as well.

Great looking rifle.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
jeffpg

jeffpg

WKR
Due to time constraints before a elk hunt in New Mexico, I stayed with the milder, most accurate load that I posted first. It clocked in at 2950 but shot so good that I didn't really care. The speed was actually still climbing after about 70 total rounds fired, so the barrel was obviously not quite done with the break in period. Unfortunately, I never got a shot opportunity at anything but smaller bulls, so no blood was shed on the hunt.

I have not tried the 180 ELD in the 28, and I most likely won't, although I could change my mind about that... I like the heavier Berger for the 28, which it was throated for. I do like the ELD bullet and plan to try the 180 in a 7 Rem Mag, which I feel is a better match of bullet weight and case capacity. But that's just my way of thinking.

Thanks for the interest and the kind comments!