My attempt at the Kifaru Stryker

klxracer92

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve only sewn a few pull outs and a cargo panel. This was by far my biggest sewing project. I had a lot of fun putting this all together. I definitely need to work on my stitch lines. It definitely doesn’t look perfect but overall I’m super happy with my work.
Thanks to woodbow for the inspiration! All of your pictures helped me a ton.

Attachments

• BF767CA8-A7EF-48ED-A3ED-8347C8D0E966.jpeg
    BF767CA8-A7EF-48ED-A3ED-8347C8D0E966.jpeg
    366.6 KB · Views: 308
  • D094013F-B44E-4B9B-AC9E-EBDB7B0C16B4.jpeg
    D094013F-B44E-4B9B-AC9E-EBDB7B0C16B4.jpeg
    315.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 6D14CF77-9F0A-4A38-A1EE-1DCA77CEFBD8.jpeg
    6D14CF77-9F0A-4A38-A1EE-1DCA77CEFBD8.jpeg
    365.9 KB · Views: 305
  • 65841E02-D668-4C5D-AA00-F3A52CDDA36E.jpeg
    65841E02-D668-4C5D-AA00-F3A52CDDA36E.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 307

WoodBow

WKR
Good work man. Excellent work for your first big build. Quit all that zig zag nonsense. It isnt needed. And whats with all the drawing on the fabric? Layout lines? Washable ink? I use a white "map/colored" pencil.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
klxracer92

klxracer92

Lil-Rokslider
Good work man. Excellent work for your first big build. Quit all that zig zag nonsense. It isnt needed. And whats with all the drawing on the fabric? Layout lines? Washable ink? I use a white "map/colored" pencil.

Thank you sir. Roger that on the zig zag.
I was unable to find my fabric pencil that day. It was for the zipper layout but I accidentally drew on the wrong piece.

OP
klxracer92

klxracer92

Lil-Rokslider
Nice job....

I'm curious, why so much webbing? I know the original was like that, Seems like overkill to me
I actually went back an forth with how much webbing I wanted to include. It definitely is overkill but I ultimately wanted the ability to attach any type of pockets. I also like the PALS webbing for the open ended buckles.

WoodBow

WKR
I end up with a lot of webbing on my builds. Does it add weight? Sure. But it gives me a ton of options for attaching things. And i like the look. Nothing looks cool about random attachment points for pouches.

Tartan

WKR
Great job! I know I’m very critical of my own stuff. I know every imperfection. But the average person wouldn’t be able to spot them.

And I agree with wood bow. I’m never doing zigzag for molle again. 3 straight stitch passes is fine and so much quicker when you’re doing a lot of them.

I’ve only sewn a few pull outs and a cargo panel. This was by far my biggest sewing project. I had a lot of fun putting this all together. I definitely need to work on my stitch lines. It definitely doesn’t look perfect but overall I’m super happy with my work.
Thanks to woodbow for the inspiration! All of your pictures helped me a ton.
Are you using a regular old sewing machine or something more "industrial grade"? Great work

Jimbob

WKR
Title should read

"My success at the Kifaru Stryker"

good work

I have made a few bags and the Stryker is next on my list. I will not put all the PALS on though, just my personal use/taste.

Again, great job.

Beendare

WKR
I actually went back an forth with how much webbing I wanted to include. It definitely is overkill but I ultimately wanted the ability to attach any type of pockets. I also like the PALS webbing for the open ended buckles.
Gotcha. Thats the good thing about custom...you can make it any way you want.
Great work.

____

MightyMatt

Lil-Rokslider
I'd proud as hell of that bag, Nice work! The beauty of that bag is going to be in the function of it. Every time you head out on a hunt with it you already have a boost of confidence just taking it into the field. That positive attitude will translate into more success ultimately. Think about the first few days of deer season you have all kinds of positivity and you usually hunt harder as a result. That bag will help you keep pushing too because you just conquered something you didn't think you could do in building it. Most of the time it doesn't work out as well that looks to have on the first go, but you never know till you try. It will be a big confidence builder taking your handy work with you into the field. You keep at it and you'll make one hell of a good housewife some day!
🤣🤣🤣 sorry, totally kidding, about the last part anyway. Nice build. 👍

Hey good work, being able to do that sort of stuff must be nice! I don’t got skills in that department at all.

I have one question, just curious is all, why try and copy a bag from kifaru? I mean if you can do this sort of work wouldn’t you want your own design?

WoodBow

WKR
Hey good work, being able to do that sort of stuff must be nice! I don’t got skills in that department at all.

I have one question, just curious is all, why try and copy a bag from kifaru? I mean if you can do this sort of work wouldn’t you want your own design?
I cant speak for the OP but IMO design is the hardest part by far. Much easier to reference something you like. Kifaru even has dimensions on their page.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk