My AZ archery 2020 Bull

bowhunt

Lil-Rokslider
My AZ archery hunt turned out to be a good one, it was a roller coaster with a couple of bulls passed and many close calls on good bulls. We spent 18 nights in are tents and hunted are tails off for 14 days and on the last morning of the hunt we got between 2 herds with 4 bulls screaming and eventually got a 13 yd shot at this guy. I’m very happy and feel fortunate to take this bull on the last morning, and I’d like to thank my buddy Don Krenz for being with me every step of the way, I couldn’t have done it without him. When you have a hunting partner that puts in as much effort as the guy with the tag, that’s something special. Thanks Don 5C9272F2-7B8A-45A4-BE1C-8300E3389A90.jpeg0B116DA2-1F4B-4CEF-BCB6-BA19E3209166.jpeg

Last edited:

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on that monster. What unit were you guys hunting? I heard from many hunters that it was a tough one this year due to the weather and lack of rain. I was able to tag out a nice 5x5 in 22 on the second day via a stalk as there was no bugles.

Congrats! That is a sweet looking bull. Way to bust your ass and push through as well. You will have an extra bounce in your step this winter and spring knowing that you put in the hard work and it paid off. Well done

Don K

Lil-Rokslider
Heres a side pic of the bull. This guy was coming in "glunking" and was pissed off at the other bulls around. Lots of bulls, lots of bugling, and sometimes lots of people but in the end the tag was filled and the hunt was fun and a success. Met new people, made new friends, and have memories that will last forever...........

Don K

Lil-Rokslider
No difficulty on spotting this guy as he and the other bulls around where screaming their heads off letting us know right where they where

Don K

Lil-Rokslider
Glassing will be your best friend if they are not talking. Sitting water would be something I would look into also.

The bulls here where bugling just before dark, then all night long, then a hour or a bit more after first light. They actually kept us awake many times screaming outside the tent ( a good problem to have)

Bigrog

FNG
Glassing will be your best friend if they are not talking. Sitting water would be something I would look into also.

The bulls here where bugling just before dark, then all night long, then a hour or a bit more after first light. They actually kept us awake many times screaming outside the tent ( a good problem to have)
Thanks for the tip!