My bag and pad

WYO_ATL

Lil-Rokslider
Well, after going back and forth for a few days, I think I’ve settled on an updated bag and pad for my first year of backpack hunting. It also helps that REI has a sale going on.

I am going to purchase the REI Igneo 17 and a Big Agnes Q-core SLX.

My one hesitation with the Igneo is that the reviews I’ve seen say it isn’t great for side sleepers, but I’m a pretty narrow dude, so I think I can swing it just fine. I won’t be on extended trips, probably 3-4 nighters.

Thoughts? Opinions on the choices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlgc20

WKR
No experience with the Igneo. But, I have the BA Q-Core SLX. I’ve spent a lot of nights on it. It is the most comfortable pad I have. However, it is not super warm. If you are only using it in September for archery, it’s the perfect pad. If you’re going to use it at high elevation or into the later season, there might be better choices. I would at the very least, get the insulated version.

Beendare

WKR
My take; REI makes a great bag....BA has QC issues and a somewhat high failure rate and a poor R rating.

Go Thermarest or Exped....you will be glad.

____

OP
W

WYO_ATL

Lil-Rokslider
My take; REI makes a great bag....BA has QC issues and a somewhat high failure rate and a poor R rating.

Go Thermarest or Exped....you will be glad.

____

I actually went a different route at the last minute. I ordered a Nemo Flyer sleeping pad. It’s wider than the BA I was looking at, and since I move around a lot at night, liked the idea of a wide. It’s also partially foam. I am sacrificing a little weight and size, but I feel i will sleep better on that. It had great reviews.

bsnedeker

WKR
REI is an anti 2A, anti hunting company.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
W

WYO_ATL

Lil-Rokslider
REI is an anti 2A, anti hunting company.

Cool. I’m guessing a lot of companies you use are also anti hunting.

Sammymusi

WKR
I went with the magma 17.. little more fill and I wanna say it was lighter as well. Its crazy how light these bags are now a days

OP
W

WYO_ATL

Lil-Rokslider
You would be guessing incorrectly.

So, you’re telling me that everything you own in your house comes from companies that support hunting and 2A? I really highly doubt that.

Trial153

WKR
How about people stop hijacking the tread.
If you know something about the bags and pads the OP asked about then answer it.

bsnedeker

WKR
So, you’re telling me that everything you own in your house comes from companies that support hunting and 2A? I really highly doubt that.

If a company has a public stance against hunting or the 2A I do not support their business with my dollars. You can doubt whatever you want, but it is not difficult. I'm not telling you how to spend your money or what to do so feel free to move along. Many people are not aware or don't remember some of REI's past actions so I will continue to remind folks whenever they bring up that company on this forum.

And Trial: He asked about an REI bag. This is information about that bag.

OP
W

WYO_ATL

Lil-Rokslider
If a company has a public stance against hunting or the 2A I do not support their business with my dollars. You can doubt whatever you want, but it is not difficult. I'm not telling you how to spend your money or what to do so feel free to move along. Many people are not aware or don't remember some of REI's past actions so I will continue to remind folks whenever they bring up that company on this forum.

And Trial: He asked about an REI bag. This is information about that bag.

Move along? I’m the one who started the thread. And no, mentioning they are anti hunting is not related to the bag I am asking about. I would’ve still bought the bag.

bsnedeker

WKR
Move along? I’m the one who started the thread. And no, mentioning they are anti hunting is not related to the bag I am asking about. I would’ve still bought the bag.

Lol! Just because it's something you didn't want to hear doesn't make it unrelated. Have a lovely day!