My beautiful customized Henry Classic Side Gate 45-70

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
When I first ordered my Henry Side Gate Classic in 45-70, I went into with the intention of having my gunsmith make some customization on it to make it MY PERFECT RIFLE. The work I had done was:

1. Install a Terminator Muzzle Brake
2. Move the front sight to accommodate the muzzle brake, and install a new brass front sight.
3. Install the Skinner Brass Peep rear sight, and install Leupold VX-5HD 1-5x24 Firedot reticle with Talley Quick Release rings.
4. Remove the semi-buckhorn rear sight.
5. Remove a top screw that was cross-threaded from the factory.

Here are the results:
This shows the overall rifle:

Here's a good look at the Skinner Peep Sight, and the Leupold scope with the Talley Quick Release Rings

Here's the muzzle brake and the new brass front sight:

It's perfect.

How does it shoot. I just bought the same rifle a month ago. Also put a set of skinner sights on it. I'm in the process of sending mine back to Henry now for accuracy issues.

OP
tcpip95

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
It was pretty accurate right out of the box. I wasn't too worried about accuracy at that time because I knew it was going in for major modifications. I just got it back and have not been out to the range yet. I have the same muzzle brake on my Browning BAR 30-06 and it tamed it down to about a .22

That is a beautiful setup.

I see that is the Skinner brass scope mount. Is that the Big Boy mount with only 3 holes?

OP
tcpip95

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
It shoots really great, especially now that the brake is installed. Little more recoil than a .22, but not much more. The Firedot reticle is so nice to use.

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
How are the decibels with that. I know when I had my Guide Gun loaded with stout loads I would get the evil eye from other guys on the line when I would touch a round off.

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t know. It’s loud, but errbody wears hearing protection so it’s all good, right?
:ROFLMAO: I just know from my GG that even with ear pro it shook some people on the line. Could've been due to the tin roof over the line as well.