My best options

Ok so hear it is currently I run a combo of Russell gear and first lite my pants and soft shell jacket or Russell and first lite is the llano,springer vest and Labrador I use these pieces differently for different seasons

I'm on the search for better pants as I've sewn my Russell pants back up twice :/ I'm thinking about maybe going with a set of first lite kanab pants but I'm on the fence since I've heard mixed reviews and also considering the sitka mountain pants.

I'm a member of promotive and I get 45% off of first lite gear so a pair of kanab pants in max1 shipped to my door 111.95$

But here's the real kicker my best friends wife works at a sportsmans and is Assistant Store Manager so him and her can get discounted which is at cost plus 10%. So I could get a pair of sitka mountain pants tax and discount out the door for 112.53$ or the kanabs for 107.17$ so in regards what would be my best choice? ( I didn't know about the discount till my buddy told me after I bought the first lite stuff but its good stuff anyways)

Also in regards to this thread what's everyone's opinion on the 2 different clothing types First Lite or Sitka what are the pro's and cons this also can be a deciding factor in picking up more sitka gear. Any and all input and advice would be great!! Thanks!!

Ozz08

WKR
I like to stick to synthetics for outerwear over merino just because merino blocks zero wind/weather. Nothing chills me more than wind on a ridge top or even a cold evening breeze. That wind or breeze cuts through merino like a knife. Plus that is a screaming deal on the mountain pants. I have the mountain pants and love them. Definitely sitkas best pant.

trk3263

WKR
Sitka on the outside merino as a base. First lite is great stuff but if you are hard on stuff like most FFs are you will snag your merino in no time.