my biggest buck to date. N GA

Caleb7mm

FNG
My biggest buck ever and the buck I’ve been after this entire season. From the beginning of July to the second week of September I got over 600 pictures of him.
Then he disappeared into thin air. This past Sunday I went out and scouted right as the rain quit. I was determined to find out where he had gone too.
Well, I found a very large and active scrape line. The fresh tracks in the scrape were obviously left by a very large deer.
I got out of those hardwoods immediately. I was not going to go back until I had an afternoon on a cold front.
I got off work and had to take my wife to the Dr. She decided the youngest would take her and she told me to go hunting and try and decompress from the terrible day I had.
I looked at the hourly weather and knew exactly where I was going. The scrape line!
I picked a tree and up I went with my climber. I had about 2 hours of shooting light left and the temperature was dropping.
At 7pm he came out like I had written the script for him. 50 yards and working a scrape! But he stayed behind thick cover and wouldn’t budge. Within minutes he turned and walked away.
I pulled a grunt call out of my pack and gave him 4 soft grunts. I heard a deer behind me walking down a trail headed my way. The buck turned and came back toward me. He was looking passed me at the other deer. He was also wide open and broadside at 52 yards!
The rest is history. 250gr SST with 100gr of 777.IMG_0362.jpgIMG_0370.jpgIMG_0380.jpg

Good buck!

but not sure what to make of the ball sack pic? Not exactly what I was hoping to see when I opened this thread....just tryna prove he was a dude and not a lady all antlered up?

afalcone

FNG
My biggest buck ever and the buck I’ve been after this entire season. From the beginning of July to the second week of September I got over 600 pictures of him.
Then he disappeared into thin air. This past Sunday I went out and scouted right as the rain quit. I was determined to find out where he had gone too.
Well, I found a very large and active scrape line. The fresh tracks in the scrape were obviously left by a very large deer.
I got out of those hardwoods immediately. I was not going to go back until I had an afternoon on a cold front.
I got off work and had to take my wife to the Dr. She decided the youngest would take her and she told me to go hunting and try and decompress from the terrible day I had.
I looked at the hourly weather and knew exactly where I was going. The scrape line!
I picked a tree and up I went with my climber. I had about 2 hours of shooting light left and the temperature was dropping.
At 7pm he came out like I had written the script for him. 50 yards and working a scrape! But he stayed behind thick cover and wouldn’t budge. Within minutes he turned and walked away.
I pulled a grunt call out of my pack and gave him 4 soft grunts. I heard a deer behind me walking down a trail headed my way. The buck turned and came back toward me. He was looking passed me at the other deer. He was also wide open and broadside at 52 yards!
The rest is history. 250gr SST with 100gr of 777.View attachment 127635View attachment 127636View attachment 127637
Nice buck! Congrats