My boy got a small bull

ptarmigan

FNG
We had to go out a couple weeks early this year due to the low quota. I knew it would make for tough hunting in the area we hunt. Not many animals around, mostly cows with calves. My boy was able to connect with the only bull we saw that was close enough to put a stalk on. Small bull, but the meat has been fantastic so far! 180yd kneeling shot with his sticks with 150gr fusions out of his 30-06 dropped it in its tracks of course.

This was also my nephews first real hunt since he moved in with us. He was happy to get a few ptarmigan for dinner! Always fun to get out with the kids!

This was my boys 2nd bou, but my nephews first hunt. They both love being out there! Really makes me happy that they enjoy it as much as I do.
You’re making most dads jealous, even better teaching the next generation how to carry the torch!

jmike

FNG
Great job, I love hunting with my kids and introducing non hunting family's to a great sport.

On a side note whats your take on the Luxe tent..? I have a 4 person Megahorn and my buddy has the 8 man .We really like them.

OP
P

ptarmigan

FNG
Great job, I love hunting with my kids and introducing non hunting family's to a great sport.

On a side note whats your take on the Luxe tent..? I have a 4 person Megahorn and my buddy has the 8 man .We really like them.
So far the tent has been great. No complaints or problems in the two years I've had it. The addition of the batwing tarp this year was key. So nice to get your gear out of the way and have a nice place to cook/eat/hang out when it's raining.

DN28SF

FNG
We had to go out a couple weeks early this year due to the low quota. I knew it would make for tough hunting in the area we hunt. Not many animals around, mostly cows with calves. My boy was able to connect with the only bull we saw that was close enough to put a stalk on. Small bull, but the meat has been fantastic so far! 180yd kneeling shot with his sticks with 150gr fusions out of his 30-06 dropped it in its tracks of course.

This was also my nephews first real hunt since he moved in with us. He was happy to get a few ptarmigan for dinner! Always fun to get out with the kids!

What a wonderful day, congratulations. Always special to gather dinner while on the hunt as well!

Congrats. Great trip it looks like.