My buddy scored on his Cabinet Mountains goat!!

Well he finally got it done hunting up on the Libby side of the wilderness. His goat was 7.5 year and 9" on each side roughly. What gorgeous country and a beautiful animal. Wow is all I can say. I wish I would have been with him for this hunt also! He used a Winchester Model 70 in 300 WSM with 180 gr. Accubonds that he loaded himself. I loaded previously for him for 26 years and Don finally got the stuff to do his own. They grow up so fast!;) I'm sure tickled for him.

DSCN1297-1.jpg

DSCN1337.jpg

DSCN1332.jpg

DSCN13431.jpg

Hardstalk

WKR
Those are some seriously epic photos! Congrats to him. Would love to hear his side of the story!

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Incredible goat, in some awesome country! Thanks for posting!

I agree...would love to hear the story!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
WOW, beautiful country and a Goat well earned in that area of Montana! Awesome stuff and congratulations..................

shanevg

WKR
Love the photos! Congrats to your buddy on the great goat! I love those microspikes you guys are wearing - I have them with me year round when hunting. I've used them in frost, dewey meadows, ice, snow, etc. They are a lifesaver for the weight.

OP
6mm Remington
Love the photos! Congrats to your buddy on the great goat! I love those microspikes you guys are wearing - I have them with me year round when hunting. I've used them in frost, dewey meadows, ice, snow, etc. They are a lifesaver for the weight.

Absolutely! When I was up earlier on a goat hunt with Don he used my son's pair and I was wearing my own of course. He flat out stated I have to have some of these! They do work great for sure. I carry them in a small compression bag in my pack all the time!!
David