My budget setup

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
So I figured I'd share my setup I used in Colorado's snow storm this 2nd rifle season.
Tent- alps tasmanian 2p 7lbs
Bag- badlands -10 mummy bag 4 lbs
Pad- klymit staticv press than a lb?

So the tent and pad were camofire purchases. Got them for roughly 110 for tent, and 30 bucks for pad?
Bag was the only thing I bought out right, 100ish bucks. I felt like at 4 lbs but -10 degree survivability, this was a good middle ground of weight to performance. It is a bulky bag though, so took a lot of space in my pack.
However, in the snow and cold, I was perfectly fine "with" wearing clothes, but when I couldnt sleep, there were a few times I got out of my bag and just fidgeted around with my phone or gear and checking everything, and was warm. It was 5 degrees in town, so probably closer to 0 2k ft higher where I was. Tent held up to snow pile, i did knock it off from inside the tent a few times. I also did have condensation on the inside of the tent, but that might have been my management of venting. Despite it being a heavier weight than typical backpacking tents, for the weather, I was glad I had it 3 miles in when I was warm.

Attachments

• 20201026_071058.jpg
    20201026_071058.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 17

sneaky

"DADDY"
That pad was the reason you got cold. That pad isn't a winter rated pad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
H

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
That pad was the reason you got cold. That pad isn't a winter rated pad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sorry, didn't explain that clearly. I couldn't sleep just from restlessness and at the end altitude was affecting my breathing for sleep. I never felt cold.