My Crumy Wyoming Wilderness Hunt

crumy

WKR
Well I made it off and got all the meat and camp with the the help of my hunting partner. We only had one small encounter with a grizzly but it was as much as a non-event as it was an event. So not too bad.

It rained and hailed first 4 days with snow on 5th. Walked out to dry and then back in next day. On second day of second trip I shot this nice bull. Was a little farther in that we wanted to be (7 miles) but as I was told in my early post asking for last minute suggestions. We had a plan to get the meat out. :)

I cannot say enough good things about my bikini/DT1 pack and ASOLO boots. He may not be the biggest elk walking but he is a trophy to me. I enjoyed the hunt, I enjoyed the work and it was DYI in the Washakie Wilderness just south of Yellowstone. Thanks to everyone for their ideas and suggestions on gear and everything I learned over the last year.

Attachments

• bombbag.jpg
    bombbag.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 264
  • elk.jpg
    elk.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 307
  • dressing.jpg
    dressing.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 265
  • elk-2.jpg
    elk-2.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 262
OP
crumy

crumy

WKR
And no that wasn't all the meat in the first pic, but wanted to show my BOMB bags off. :)

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations nice bull. Yea you got to shoot them where they are not where you want them to be. It is a great feeling to pack one out but only after your back at the truck

2rocky

WKR
I was following Pat's messages while I was in the North end of the Winds. Glad you guys didn't end up as bear poop.

..and to have an bear encounter is significant. Even if it is a bluff charge. Glad you were able to get all the meat out.

OP
crumy

crumy

WKR
I was following Pat's messages while I was in the North end of the Winds. Glad you guys didn't end up as bear poop.

..and to have an bear encounter is significant. Even if it is a bluff charge. Glad you were able to get all the meat out.

I totally agree. :)