My current pack project

OP
J

JimCraig

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everybody, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I haven't totaled everything up for cost, but I would ball park materials at around 150. I did experiment a little with materials so the cost of the actual pack materials is probably a little less. Volume I'd say is around 4000-4500. The roll top is about 14 inches tall.

OP
J

JimCraig

Lil-Rokslider
Forgot to mention final weight. I didn't specifically target a weight because I didn't want that to influence the function and durability of the design, and I didn't want to subconsciously compromise on something. But in the end I was pretty happy. Complete frame/suspension is 3 lbs. 4 oz. Bag is 1 lb. 10 oz. Total 4 lbs. 14 oz.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like you incorporated designs and features from all the major brands. Absolutely impressive!

cbarrie

FNG
I got a cabelas pack on close out last year. Packed out an elk just fine, but there are some changes to it I’d like to make. Just not sure what or how to modify it

feanor

WKR
Awesome pack design and finished product! Did you use a certain source for your thread, zippers and bucket etc? I would really like to create a simple bag for a start.

WoodBow

WKR
Awesome pack design and finished product! Did you use a certain source for your thread, zippers and bucket etc? I would really like to create a simple bag for a start.
Rockywoods.com is who i use if i cant find it on ebay.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kaseman

FNG
I’ve dabbled with sewing projects for years. This is on a whole other level. Awesome job!