My daughter survived Covid and returned to work today!

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, it was a stressful time

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Conroy

WKR
Glad to hear you went to the ER and didn't try to "tough it out". A blood clot in the lung sounds like a serous problem. Glad to hear you and your family have all recovered.
Thank you. It felt pretty serious and my girlfriend was doing her best to convince me to go.

I am happy to see your daughter recovered as well. That's a tough job she has, especially in these times

Fatcamp

WKR
Wow sorry to hear your family had such a difficult experience but am glad to hear they recovered. Hearing about your family sure makes me think about how fragile life is and how quickly things can change.

Some of experiences I have been witness to the last 6 months have been absolutely heartbreaking. Life is very fragile and every day is a gift. Always believed that, but man, is it ever true. More than I can even put into words.

Got a few other friends who tested positive. They had very mild symptoms. One had sinus pressure. Another running nose with cough. Very mid

JRMiller

WKR
Had it first week of July. Was fine within three days. For me it was the mildest flu ive ever had.
Wifes 96 yr old grandmother, who already had pneumonia, had it in May and was fine as well.

260madman

WKR
A coworker had it. He’s 5’9 or shorter and 400# with diabetes and god knows what else. He blew through it in about 4 days. Bad headaches, yo-yo fever and diarrhea. He’s been back a week and says he’s about 90% normal. His wife had it and lost her sense of smell and taste. Both recovered fine.

we’ve also had a few that refused to go to the Dr and they are extremely fatigued now. They probably had it.

NDGuy

WKR
Some more perspective

Brianmp01

WKR
My wife has it right now, she tested positive on 10/9/2020. The only symptoms she had was a runny nose for a couple day and she lost her smell and taste. My son and I never got any symptoms, he is 2 years old.

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Hopefully she pulls through without complications. My nephews all had it, ages 8months to 10 years and it didn't really even effect them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
If you had it in March, your antibody test would likely show as negative. That’s what they told me when I gave blood in August.
Any idea why this is? My son and I both think we had it back late February. I donated blood in August and antibody test came back negative. Would like to know more about this. Thanks.

NDGuy

WKR
Any idea why this is? My son and I both think we had it back late February. I donated blood in August and antibody test came back negative. Would like to know more about this. Thanks.
I'm not a doctor but I remember reading that "antibodies" may go away after a few months so the antibody test would show as negative. But other cells in your body have the blueprints to COVID and would ramp up production of antibodies upon encountering it again.

Last edited:

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not a doctor but I remember reading that "antibodies" may go away after a few months so you wouldn't show up as having them any longer. But other cells in your body have the blueprints to COVID and would ramp up production of antibodies upon encountering it again.
Thank you. I hadn't heard about that and will have to look into it more as that could explain my situation. I'm 90% sure we both had it. The covid brain fog is an interesting side affect as well.

Scoot

WKR
I know quite a few people who have had it- most have been fine. One friend's grandpa got it and sadly died from it.

Thanks for your story!!! We have lost two of our older family members to this..... father-in-law and my sister-in-laws father - both in their 80's..... been a tough year...... daughter has it - no real bad symptoms right now - but time will tell..... good to read on here how many have survived and are getting better....... God Bless

Two people I know have had it with similar results both said they have had worse colds and there spouses and kids didnt catch it... Way different than what the media has been puking out...

OP
F

fmyth

WKR
Thanks for your story!!! We have lost two of our older family members to this..... father-in-law and my sister-in-laws father - both in their 80's..... been a tough year...... daughter has it - no real bad symptoms right now - but time will tell..... good to read on here how many have survived and are getting better....... God Bless
Sorry to here that. Hope your daughter recovers quickly.

Beendare

WKR
My son is at ND...yep he was on the field after that last game...and is required to have a clear test before leaving campus for fall break. They get tested regularly.

University report 5 weeks ago;
Students at 50 universities with Covid since August the start of school; 69,444 positive tests, 3 hospitalized, zero deaths

My buddy that's a firefighter in a big CA city...if they find a dead homeless person....cause of death is automatic- Covid- as they get Fed funds where if its a drug or alcohol overdose...they don't.

My wife is a nurse treating home Covid patients weekly and has not contacted it [proper procedures work, Kaiser has very strict PPE] One Skilled nursing facility she visits had 27 people die....like 25%.

The detailed stats tell the story with Covid, unfortunately we aren't getting those....just the scare tactics from politicians; The patients in that Nursing home all had health problems and avg age was over 80. None were under 73. All had multiple complications....but Covid was listed as the cause of death.

Bottom line; The total case stats are deceiving and I think we aren't getting the whole story.

If you have diabetes or health issues especially respiratory issues....or are over the age of 75-80, absolutely use strict protocols. If you are a somewhat healthy person.....wash your hands and don't touch your face..... don't let Covid wreck your life.