My Early Season NM Coues Deer...

jamaro

FNG
AHHHHH... What I am going to do in Jan???? I was fortunate enough to take this nice buck...
J-

Attachments

• Coues Early Season 014resize640.jpg
    Coues Early Season 014resize640.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 50
Nice buck,you are one hell of a hunter. Coues deer are tough enough with a rifle. Great bow kill. I grew up in AZ and never did put a tag on a coues. That is one of my hunting goals.

Slim Jim

WKR
Congrats, that is one skitzy animal. I blew a 41 yard shot quartering away last year on a coues about that same size spot and stalk in AZ. I'll be lucky if I ever get another chance like that again.

JNDEER

WKR
Great looking buck.

You shoot it from a treestand? That area does not look spot and stalk friendly.

OP
J

jamaro

FNG
Thanks everybody... I was very fortunate... I was hunting a funnel that the deer use pretty often.... I just happen to be at the right place at the right time... :)

swat8888

WKR
I spooked a group of bachelor bucks last week because I had my mind set on walking down the trail to the other side of a big pond here. Should have taken my time and checked out the area I walked right by first. There was a huge buck in the group....unfortunately I move before the January hunt and they don't let archers hunt on the military base during rifle season....stupid.