My electricians , have a questions

I need to add an outlet. I have power comming into outlet “A”. Then outlet “A” branches power to outlet “B”.

I know ideally I would take power from outlet “B” to create new outlet “C”. The problem is where I need put outlet “C” there are obstacles making that a much bigger job.

My question is. Can I use outlet A as a splice point to bring power the outlet B and add another wire to bring power Down to new outlet C.

I’ll try and draw a pic if that’s confusing .
Thanks

def90

WKR
Yes, as long as your conductor count isn’t larger than what the wall box is rated for. If it is a standard wallbox you won’t have a problem with 3 sets of either 14/2 or 12/2.

Pursuer

Lil-Rokslider
^^^^What he said, perfectly acceptable to make a termination in like that in outlet A.^^^^

RS3579

WKR
You can go from outlet A to new outlet C. Make sure to twist the wires together. Don’t just put together and screw on a wire nut. Twist then wire nut.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I see no problem as long as you don't overload circuit breaker. Different location have limitations on number of outlets/circuit. Like, garbage disposal requires dedicated circuit.

GSPHunter brings up a valid point. What are you plugging in to the outlet and what else is already on the circuit? If it’s a full-size fridge, freezer, air, conditioner, or any other appliance that draws a heavy load you may have trouble with tripping your circuit breaker. Coffee, pots, hot plates, microwaves, dishwashers, griddles, and other small, heating appliances can often draw a fair amount of current. Also, make sure that any wire you install on the circuit is the same size as existing wire, and definitely not smaller than existing wire. 12 gauge for a 20 amp circuit, 14 gauge for a 15 amp circuit.