My Elk PPs went to ZERO! CO GMU 61... Here I come!

bnsafe

WKR
Good luck cnelk. 12 years is a long time to wait. Ive got a 488 code for my cow ml tag. I assume that's a no draw?

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
bnsafe...
Was that your 1st Choice?

The Backdoor isnt open yet. Only your 1st Choice will be affected under 'Current Pref Points'

ElkNut1

WKR
cnelk, congratulations man, that is awesome!!!! Now the homework & planning begins! (grin)

ElkNut1

Yukondog

WKR
Congrats on the tag!!!! I hope to draw that tag in 2 yrs. Sitting on 9the pts now.

Can't you wait for your story and pics. Awesome!!

bnsafe

WKR
first choice was a pref point. congrats again on the tag. cant imagine waiting 12 years to hunt a spot. hope it turns out to be better than your dreams thought it would.

Yukondog

WKR
I thought it took 10pts to draw? Did you not put in until this year? Or, have you been putting in for the tag the last couple years? The point creep is nuts. I was hoping to put in for the hybrid a couple more years for 201 then with 10pts be good to go with 61. I might still be 3 years out with 9pts.
Matt

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
I thought it took 10pts to draw? Did you not put in until this year? Or, have you been putting in for the tag the last couple years? The point creep is nuts. I was hoping to put in for the hybrid a couple more years for 201 then with 10pts be good to go with 61. I might still be 3 years out with 9pts.
Matt

I was one of several that didnt draw with 10 points last year. With 11 PPs its almost a sure thing [as of now] for a RES
The hardest part was when I had 6-8 PPs as that is basically 'No Mans Land' in Colorado

Umpqua Hunter - you have a PM

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
first choice was a pref point. congrats again on the tag. cant imagine waiting 12 years to hunt a spot. hope it turns out to be better than your dreams thought it would.

bnsafe:
I waited 18 years for my Colorado moose tag....
I waited 10 years for a GMU 10 ML tag
Now this 12 year wait...

I guess that PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE... :)

bnsafe

WKR
patience if definately a virtue, sure wish i had some. Gods trying to teach me, but im a slow learner, lol.

Yukondog

WKR
I was one of several that didnt draw with 10 points last year. With 11 PPs its almost a sure thing [as of now] for a RES
The hardest part was when I had 6-8 PPs as that is basically 'No Mans Land' in Colorado

Umpqua Hunter - you have a PM

I'm now kicking myself for missing the 2007 application date. Time got away from me and now I'm paying the price. That goes for elk, moose, goat, sheep, deer and antelope. Rats!!!!

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm now kicking myself for missing the 2007 application date. Time got away from me and now I'm paying the price. That goes for elk, moose, goat, sheep, deer and antelope. Rats!!!!

Do you lose your points if you do no put in?

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
That's what I though, thanks for clarification. I do not intend to miss a deadline but weirder things have happened.

Page 7 of the Colorado Regs...
Points accumulate for 10 years if you dont apply or fail to purchase a license. After that they will be purged and become void

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord