My first buck at 57 years old...and on our 35th wedding anniversary!

WAKAN

FNG
Great job and congrats! As they say a picture is worth a thousand words, and your smile speaks volumes and has made my day!!

Congrats! That's a nice buck for the Lowcountry. They're starting to lay down some heavy rubs and scrapes up in Newberry. Know there's a big boy doing the work, just need to get our calendars coordinated.

OP
Mike Islander
Congrats! Nice buck! I know it isn’t easy for everyone if you weren’t lucky enough to grow up in a hunting household. Good work!

I grew up in a deer poaching household. :giggle: It was for food, so I give my poor old almost blind dad a break. I've always hunted birds and small game. Hunted deer very little over the years, but decided last year to get one. Shot my first doe last year, and now my first buck. Coincidentally, my nephew shot his first deer (a nice 6-point buck) this morning! I gave him his first shotgun and rifle and called in his first turkey and hog (which he shot with those guns). He said he wished I had been there this morning, but he also felt pretty cool doing everything on his own and earning his first deer.