My First Bull 2020 - Washington Roosevelt

Read1t48

WKR
There are elk and then there are Roosies. You earned a great bull. I hope to have a story like that to share one of these days. Nice work!!

Michael Pawul

Lil-Rokslider
I've been waiting to hear this story since I saw the pic posted in the best bull photo contest. Awesome write up, and awesome story. Tough hunting on this side of the mountains!

Congrats!

Having tracked multiple bulls in our state with little-to-no blood trail, all I can say is keep working it low and slow, every time. Took us 12 hours to recover one bull with almost no blood except where he laid occasionally to rest. The wet doesn't help any...

I’ve hunted elk fifty two years and been pretty fortunate. Yours is one of the very best stories articulating what it takes to kill elk. It may have taken you a couple of years to get your first one, but unlike most, you learned every time you went out. My guess is you’ll need to own a barn by the time your my age to hand all your antlers in.

OP
HoytHunter24

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve hunted elk fifty two years and been pretty fortunate. Yours is one of the very best stories articulating what it takes to kill elk. It may have taken you a couple of years to get your first one, but unlike most, you learned every time you went out. My guess is you’ll need to own a barn by the time your my age to hand all your antlers in.

The biggest thing I have learned about archery hunting elk is that you have to make your own opportunities. There is no such thing as a stereotypical easy call in or shot. If you don't push the envelope and create your own shot opportunities, you won't get any. And constantly think outside the box.

I appreciate the comments and I hope you are right!

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord