My First Custom Rifle

So after about 10 months of waiting altogether I finally got to bring her home today. I’m not sure who all is interested but I’m so proud and happy with this I had to share. I’d like to say that there’s a few things I know and actually do not need people to tell me in this post. I know it’s not a 6.5 creedmoor. I also know I don’t need this gun to kill deer in North Georgia. Hell, I could kill 99% of the deer I see with a 30-30 with iron sights. But I just wanted something that was my own, and I love this caliber. My dads first deer rifle he bought about 40 years ago was a Rem 700 BDL in this same caliber. We still have it and it gets used occasionally and I’ve never shot a 3 shot group with it that couldn’t be covered by a nickel. So below is a picture and a lil parts list.
b362151a6bb48960b8e29a079b18afec.jpg

Tikka Action
Carbon Six Sendero 24in 25-06 1-10 rifling
McMillan HTG with a swirly paint job
Leupold VX6 2-12x42

With that being said I have the 25-06 barrel that was taken off the action and the stock as well. Both are brand new. The original rifle was only taken out of the box so I could play with the action and imagine how this project would turn out. Shoot me a message if anyone is interested, it’ll be in the classifieds soon as well. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamsguy

FNG
Be curious to hear how she shoots, as well as how you like the 25-06. Congrats and good luck

OP
E
Be curious to hear how she shoots, as well as how you like the 25-06. Congrats and good luck

I can’t say how this one shoots just yet cause my work schedule is retarded but I love the 25-06 for deer. Light recoil, blazing fast, and hits like a freight train. Pair that with easy to find brass, and it seems like there’s a bit of a resurgence in this caliber as well. Plus it’s just kinda cool to me. Not many people have one for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk