My First Ever Buck finished by my taxidermist - So happy!

Shot my first ever buck at age 57 on my 35th wedding anniversary. I have always hunted small game and birds, and even sat in the woods on occasion "hunting" deer. Finally pulled the trigger, literally. My wife was out of town on our anniversary and I wanted to do something fun and memorable, and then this beautiful buck stepped out of the shadows right before dark. So pleased with the job Cordray's did on the mount.

Happy Hunter.jpgBuck-Mount.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Mike Islander
You can't really see it in the photo but this old boy was completely scarred up on the sides of his neck near his ears and on his shoulders. They actually asked if I wanted to use a different cape, but I wanted to see every scratch. Really tells the story of his life in the wild.

Last edited:
OP
Mike Islander
Cordray's near Green Pond?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, good old Charleston Cordray's (actually in Ravenel, about 30 miles from Green Pond, SC). The most reliable (and most expensive) processor in the Lowcountry. Definitely going to butcher the next one myself. 😁

Scoutman

FNG
I used them when I lived in Mt. Pleasant back in 96, was expensive but very clean. We miss Charleston alot, it has grown immensely since we left.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Mike Islander
Yes, Charleston has really grown like crazy. My wife literally cries when she goes downtown, as she used to play down there as a child, and now it's so grown up with tall hotels and offices. I remember when there were only two buildings more than three stories tall or so downtown.

But the spirit of the Lowcountry is still strong here. It's Paradise on Earth. I love my neighbors and the people of this community.