My First Mountain Buck

stuckbuck

FNG
Incredible mass on the buck, especially for a mountain deer. Fantastic. Did you pack into the wilderness? It seems no one wants to do so. Everyone hunts from the road at the food plots.

I’m about 2 miles in. I’ve been hunting this same since 2008.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Professor

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
Excellent. I was all over the place. In the wilderness, the WMA but not wilderness, and some national forest. I went more than a mile up tearbritches starting at 3 in the morning and Im telling you that I do not spook easily but that was creepy. I felt like some hag witch was going to peek out from behind a tree any moment.

Carr5vols

WKR
Excellent. I was all over the place. In the wilderness, the WMA but not wilderness, and some national forest. I went more than a mile up tearbritches starting at 3 in the morning and Im telling you that I do not spook easily but that was creepy. I felt like some hag witch was going to peek out from behind a tree any moment.

LOL.
I have seen some very strange things up there. I also know a wildlife biologist that has told some stories about cohutta that makes me wonder why I even go in there.

Carr5vols

WKR
LOL.
I have seen some very strange things up there. I also know a wildlife biologist that has told some stories about cohutta that makes me wonder why I even go in there.
If you went off down into tearbritches creek that would be a rough pack out back to Cowpen.

OP
Professor

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
I love it. This year I wanted to go in and stay in, but those planning to hunt with me were opposed. I ended up going by myself but had not put in the research. With such a short window for the hunt I just could not risk getting in and then not finding a good area. I will scout it out during small game season this year and have a plan ready next year. I did not pack my buck out. I hooked ratchet straps to my Barney's freighter pack and towed him out.

Carr5vols

WKR
Do tell. We must know.
Do tell. We must know.
He's adamant bigfoot is in there. He is also a survivalist and one weekend went in deep and built a small fire and a debris hut and something walked up on the other side of the fire on two legs but didn't come in close enough for him to see stayed there a few minutes and then left. And every time I am around rice camp I get that feeling I am being watched and hair on the back of my neck stands up. I have also seen damage to trees that no bear could do. The native americans talked about them so they could very easily be in there.

OP
Professor

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
Big Foot? That is new to me. Of course there are legends all over the eastern US of similar creatures. I guess if I were a big foot that Cogutta might be where I would choose to hide. Now you really got me interested. I am going to have to get in their and really explore.

Carr5vols

WKR
Big Foot? That is new to me. Of course there are legends all over the eastern US of similar creatures. I guess if I were a big foot that Cogutta might be where I would choose to hide. Now you really got me interested. I am going to have to get in their and really explore.
Then there are the stories of the "moon eyed" people. Google that some interesting history there.

stuckbuck

FNG
Y’all need to stop with all the stories. I’m going up there tonight by myself again!

OP
Professor

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
Y’all need to stop with all the stories. I’m going up there tonight by myself again!

Well you already know how creepy it is. Man, all those shadows from the vines and hanging trees blowing in the wind. Here is an idea. Right before you go in watch the movie decent. That should get you fearing the moon eyed people.

OP
Professor

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
Lol you already knew.

Anyway if you go up again anytime soon hit me up I will see if I can make it, show you some other good spots.
Do you train at Cohutta? I would be all in on that. I am also happy to be shown good spots.