My first triathalon!

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Successfully completed my first ever triathalon today! Can honestly say it was a great motivator to keep me moving this spring, and I feel much better physically prepared going into summer backpacking season!

f2315bda.jpg

Me with my Dad, who came along as cameraman and helped me get my bike tuned up for the event. I was fortunate to also have my Mom there as an event volunteer, as well as both of Luke's parents and another friend in my cheering section :)

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Way to go hun. No doubt you would have swam by me no problem you little fish!! Congrats!!

OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks everyone! This was a really fun event, only as competitive as you want it to be and all the competitors really encouraged each other. I have difficulty running from an old injury, so I set my personal goal to finish in under 2.5 hours. Final results won't be out until tomorrow, but by my watch I finished in about 2:05!

Nice work Becca! How do they do the swim? Sounds very COLD!!
The swim portion was done in the swimming pool, which imagine is easier than swimming in open water. Still quite chilly, as the temp today was 54 degrees and we had a pretty good breeze going. I took the time to change out of my wet swimsuit, but many other competitors toughed it out!

OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's awesome. What was the length? Olympic?

I've always wanted to do one but boy do I suck at open water swims :D

It was a sprint distance tri, 500 meters swimming, 13 miles biking and 4.2 miles running. Not sure how I feel about open water swimming either, but the pool was ok with me :)

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
CONGRATS Becca, very proud of you! Careful competing can get addicting! :) Way to set a goal, then hammer it out! Got my first coming on the 10th, followed up by one on the 16th....just about go time here!