My first trip to CO

Luked

WKR
This past week my family took our first vacation to CO. I have never been but my wife has as she has some family that lives in the Golden area. Got to see some great sights and visit some really unbelievable places. We did the typical tourist type things like Pikes Peak, Red Rocks, Rocky Mtn. National Park, the Denver Aquarium, etc. But I also got to go to some places I wanted to. Got to visit Kifaru and get my pack fitted correct and picked up some new gear I had ordered. Also stopped in at 1 Shot Gear and talked with those guys for a while also, which were very helpful.

Also took my fly fishing gear with me and got to fish a couple of times. Never caught anything but the views and area are amazing.

What I was hoping to do is this August I am wanting to try and come out and do a couple night trip up in the back country in the Sarvis Wilderness area or the Never Summer wilderness area and do some fly fishing. Was hoping that maybe some of you all might know of an area I could check out that might have some good fishing. Maybe a alpine lake I could check out and just be able to get out in the mountains.
Coming from Missouri and never seeing something like the Rocky Mountains I am very jealous of you all that have this country in your back yard.
Was one of the best vacations I have had in a long time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Brillo

FNG
Love Colorado. My kids used to live near Loveland and gave us a perfect reason to go there. Now Playing have to create reasons like elk hunting.

Goatboy22

FNG
Spread the word, Colorado (especially the Western Slope ) sucks! Stay away! Commie utopia! To many Texas refugees! Elk have all died off due to drought! Idaho and Montana are the places you want to move, the proverbial promised lands! Oh, and maybe Utah......

cnelk

WKR
What I was hoping to do is this August I am wanting to try and come out and do a couple night trip up in the back country in the Sarvis Wilderness area or the Never Summer wilderness area and do some fly fishing. Was hoping that maybe some of you all might know of an area I could check out that might have some good fishing. Maybe a alpine lake I could check out and just be able to get out in the mountains.

Download the CPW Fishing APP - lots of info on places to fish

OR

The CPW also has the Fishing Atlas - similar to the Hunting Atlas

ndforbes

FNG
Glad you had fun on your visit. I don't have a lot of time in the Sarvis area, but I do in the Never Summers. Are you looking to backpack in for a couple days, or just do day trips into those areas? There is a ton of great fishing water around there, so let me know what you are looking for and I'll DM you a couple recommendations.

mmac

WKR
There are a lot of small lakes in the flat tops that you can backpack into and get to scout for elk, rocky mt nat park has quite a few as well as some of the main rivers which have branches. PM me if you want more detail. I am surprised more interested in hunting don't try and do this as a way to scout and learn about gear before burning a tag fee.

crazydocB

FNG
This past week my family took our first vacation to CO. I have never been but my wife has as she has some family that lives in the Golden area. Got to see some great sights and visit some really unbelievable places. We did the typical tourist type things like Pikes Peak, Red Rocks, Rocky Mtn. National Park, the Denver Aquarium, etc. But I also got to go to some places I wanted to. Got to visit Kifaru and get my pack fitted correct and picked up some new gear I had ordered. Also stopped in at 1 Shot Gear and talked with those guys for a while also, which were very helpful.

Also took my fly fishing gear with me and got to fish a couple of times. Never caught anything but the views and area are amazing.

Coming from Missouri and never seeing something like the Rocky Mountains I am very jealous of you all that have this country in your back yard.
Was one of the best vacations I have had in a long time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Tons of places to stop and fly along highway 14 and also on top of Buffalo Pass in the Park Range above Steamboat. Not sure how smokey everything is right now, so check fire map updates.