My friend has presented me with a hard choice...what would you do?

First of all, AZ has coughed up 3 NR elk tags to me IN THE KAIBAB in the last 5 years. But you don't hafta decide whether to hunt or not, you can buy a landowner tag (AG voucher) and hunt CO in June or July (any weapon) like I did last year and join your buddy in AZ. BOOM! You both win.

nphunter

WKR
Ditch the wedding, nobody needs friends who get married in Sept anyway:) Go hunt that week in CO and have your friend pick you up on the way to AZ!!

If my hunting partner drew the AZ I’d call for him but I would find some way to hunt something else as well.

Maybe he can buy your ticket to go call for him and you can go do a late season elk or deer hunt later yourself? I typically hunt at least 4 full weeks a year and pretty much every day after work and weekend from the end of Aug until late Nov!!

Scott/IL

Lil-Rokslider
I drew a bomber elk tag a couple seasons ago and my hunting partner loaded up into my truck for the 23 hour drive to call for me. He bugled in a beautiful 8x6 bull for me on Day 3. He took his share of the meat, and had the same story I did from that day.

Fast forward to last year, and he draws the exact same tag. Same story. I follow him out there and on Day 3, I call him in a 6x6 bull. There was even a little time left that I picked up a tag for a different unit and killed a cow.

If you think he would pay you the same respect to give up hunting time of his own if the roles were reversed, then it would be a no brainer to help a friend out. I can’t imagine you’ll have a bad time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boog304

FNG
If he’s a real friend that would return the favor for me I would be heading to AZ.

Honestly I find much more enjoyment out of calling than I do shooting, I can just enjoy it more for some reason especially when it’s a rookie elk hunter wanting to be in on his first elk action. I’m up to calling 6 kills in for friends and I’ve only killed 2 bulls myself all 8 of those archery. But that’s my gig and I remember when I hadn’t killed one yet and I wanted to stick one real bad too so we all get it.

What u gotta ask is he is gonna b the one behind the calls next year for you?

Learn all u can and get out there n make some noise for him and that will help teach him what to do for you next year which could make it more successful for you in the long run.

I’m caller this year on our hunt and I’m freakin pumped