My friends in the SEC, ACC, and Big 12

CJohnson

WKR
IPTAY (Clemson's booster) sent an email out saying that you could turn your tickets in and still hold them for next year. There's still some confusion regarding if you can get a refund on your donation without losing your tickets next season. I'm guessing they are going to have games with no fans or with 20% stadium capacity. I don't know about other colleges, but Clemson has spent well over $100MM in campus improvements in the past few years. That has to make administrators nervous when they see people wanting to do more online.

I'm hoping they send back the donation and the tickets, it will help fund a 2nd rifle trip for this guy.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
This was not about politics but you took it there. Great job sir!

And you are blindly naive if you don’t see the states with Democrat governors have pushed to cancel the season, but the red states want to get on with life. Not unlike every other aspect of the economy being managed by them.

I just returned from your state, where your governor has mandated wearing a mask at a swimming pool......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clemson postponed my graduation ceremony (again!) for a tentatively scheduled home game in Oct....

They‘re serious enough to keep us May graduates from having any semblance of a graduation.
Go Tigers.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
SEC guy here. I don't know how far we'll make it into the season, if at all, but it's at least nice being able to read practice reports again.

I am no liberal, and am a rabid Texas A & M football fan, but I will be surprised if we finish the season, much less have playoffs or bowl games. When they first announced they would be playing football, they said fans could attend at 50% capacity. That is now down to 25%, but "that could change".

brsnow

WKR
Will be interesting to see how many games are actually played regardless of conference.

jmez

WKR
Big 10 is headquartered in Rosemont, IL a burb of Chicago. There may be a wee bit of politics involved...
It is 100% about politics. Has absolutely nothing to do with football, safety, the virus, or student athletes.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

OP
S
It is 100% about politics. Has absolutely nothing to do with football, safety, the virus, or student athletes.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
If by politics you mean not wanting to harm athletes or be sued if they have lasting effects from being sick and feeling compelled to play the. Sure it's about politics.

Nebraska chancellor Ronnie Green, did a piece on a local radio show, he basically said the reason things changed quickly was there was some new evidence brought forward in regard to potential lasting harm and not having enough data. There are a few ongoing studies that will be completed this fall that will shed more light on long term effects/complications. They also apparently are getting closer on accurate quick response tests which would allow for better monitoring. They believe these tests will be available toward the end of the year. . .

With all that said, Nebraska voted to move forward and play as they thought they had a good protocol to keep things under control.

All that to say, it seems like there may be some actually thought toward protecting student athletes by not stressing their bodies extra until more light is shed on the lasting effects. Why the B1G couldn't say that at the beginning is beyond me!

big44a4

WKR
I am no liberal, and am a rabid Texas A & M football fan, but I will be surprised if we finish the season, much less have playoffs or bowl games. When they first announced they would be playing football, they said fans could attend at 50% capacity. That is now down to 25%, but "that could change".

No worries you won’t have to worry about the playoffs at A&M!! Lol. Go gators! Hope we play the season as scheduled.

The NCAA cares about the students athletes so much they will have a spring and fall season making it 2 seasons in 1 calendar year!! So playing that safety card doesn’t work. It’s all about optics of it and the media playing the fear card. I do agree too many unknowns about long term impact etc, but key is long term. It will be a long time before we know those answers. Same for you have to wear gloves at first and now it’s not a big deal. We are in figure it out as we go mode. Just as life is for everyone.

I’m 8 years removed from college football and can tell you I still feel it when I’m doing certain exercises in the gym or life. No one to take care of me but me. I paid for rehab for 2 years post college to get functional again (insurance from my job and copays).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
No, by politics I mean just that, politics.

The new information on long terms detrimental effects that the B1G cited. The author of the paper has said if anyone used the information to make a decision like that if was misinterpretation of the data. The same source that other leading cardiologists have come out and said there is nothing in the paper to support decisions like this being made?

The B1G commissioner, Kevin Warren that confirmed yesterday that his son is and will be playing football for Mississippi State this fall.

The B1G commissioner who in the last couple of weeks has put out these quotes:

“From a social change standpoint, I think our biggest asset is our right to vote and to be an educated voter,” Warren told Yahoo Sports in a phone interview on Sunday. “It’s important, not only from national politics, but from local politics. Who is on your school board? Who is your local sheriff? Who is your district attorney? Who is your attorney general? Who are your judges? All those different things really mean something.”

“As a conference, we have a platform,” Warren said. “I think we have a responsibility. We have a mechanism to pull people together. The hate that we have in our communities and the racism that’s occurred, it can’t go on any longer.”

Kevin Warren says the “next couple months are critical” as Election Day approaches. Wants student-athletes in the Big Ten to vote

Nope, nothing to do with politics.