My gal, making 450 yards look like a chip shot.

OP
Decker9

Decker9

WKR
Way to go for her. You better be tanning that hide and bleaching out that skull for her or else!! What rifle and caliber did she use?? Very pretty wolf.

It’s her first wolf, so we’ll have a full mount and skull for the living room :). She use my mountain rifle, a lightened up 6.5 swede in a tikka T3 shooting 140 grain accubonds.

We seen him first at 550 yards, but I only know my drop’s out to 450, we ranged as we stalked, until we got to the 450 mark.

It’s her first wolf, so we’ll have a full mount and skull for the living room :). She use my mountain rifle, a lightened up 6.5 swede in a tikka T3 shooting 140 grain accubonds.

We seen him first at 550 yards, but I only know my drop’s out to 450, we ranged as we stalked, until we got to the 450 mark.
That 6.5 Swede is a great cartridge. One of the first and best 6.5's out there. It's still relevant today even with all the other new 6.5's. Great bullet you chose for that rifle also. I've sure liked the performance from them.

Last edited:

BIGEYES

FNG
Outstanding! Congratulations to your gal and her coach.
I ( and I'm sure others) am curious about your videoing set-up.
Would you mind sharing the particulars?

Agross

WKR
One of the coolest things I’ve seen in a while. What a sweet looking mount that will make. and a great shot to get em. Thank you for posting that.