My gal, making 450 yards look like a chip shot.

OP
Decker9

Decker9

WKR
Outstanding! Congratulations to your gal and her coach.
I ( and I'm sure others) am curious about your videoing set-up.
Would you mind sharing the particulars?

Thank you!!
I was using a phone skope, a swarovski 65 hd, and my iPhone 7, gotta love the phone skope!!

Jauwater

WKR
Ma'am, you nailed that like a split hog! Well done!

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

Outstanding, very cool you made a hunt out of it. Your stalk must have been very good. He knew something was up but you didn’t spook him. Well done all around.

OP
Decker9

Decker9

WKR
Outstanding, very cool you made a hunt out of it. Your stalk must have been very good. He knew something was up but you didn’t spook him. Well done all around.

Thank you!!

He actually knew we were there, when I spotted him, he was 550 yards away on my range finder, and was watching us. We tried a hand squeaker and howling to get him closer, being he knew we were there, he coulda cared less about the calls. So we stayed single file walking close together (2 of us) straight towards him in plain sight. He backed off about 15-20 yards as we stalked, but allowed us to get into the 450 yard mark. Our setup took only a couple minutes, but he just sat and watched as we did set up her and the rifle and the phone skope. I tried howling at him from the 450 yard, but same thing, he just sat and watched.
He wasn’t an old wolf, I guessed him to be 80-90 lbs. I think if it were an old wolf, he wouldn’t have stuck around to long.