My girls got lucky and drew WY unit 99

toasty

FNG
We beat the odds and got lucky and my 2 daughters both drew out on WY 99 pronghorn with 2 pts. This is the first pronghorn hunt for both girls. My older daughter has shot a couple deer and an elk. My younger daughter hasn't shot anything yet, this will be her first hunt and is the perfect introduction to big game hunting for her. We have hunt date that starts on Aug 15th and we are trying to hunt before school starts as they miss too much school during our sep deer hunts.. I will have the HMAs lined up for the hunt and will be scouting the WIA at the first of August. I have one landowner that may let us hunt, but not until after the regular rifle hunt. These girls would just like to take a decent buck and I think they would be thrilled with a mid 60s to 70s buck. Any pointers from guys that know the unit? I am looking for info on an area that would hold a few animals that I wouldn't normally check out in case we strike out in the more popular hunting areas. Thanks.

I hunted 100 last year. Can't help with spots in 99, but Fraughton meat processor was great. They do great salami and the like, our will keep one pronghorn on ice while you hunt the other for minimal fee ($2/day, I think). Its in the NW corner of your unit, just figured I'd pass it along.

Fraughton Meat Company
3700 Wasatch Rd, Evanston, WY 82930