My Henry Mt deer hunt

Northpark

WKR
Good luck man. I had a really great NV tag last year that was like what you’re experiencing and all I can say is enjoy the experience.

You're doing great. Stay positive and have fun. You're right you never know what can happen, and things can change very quickly while hunting. I'm sure you will find the right one you are looking for before you're done. Remember, you only need to find one.👍🏻

OP
MuleyFever
Good luck man. I had a really great NV tag last year that was like what you’re experiencing and all I can say is enjoy the experience.
I had the late rifle 194/196 tag in NV last year so I have had a great last 12 months tag wise. I really enjoyed that hunt and plan on having a blast on this one.

OP
MuleyFever
You're doing great. Stay positive and have fun. You're right you never know what can happen, and things can change very quickly while hunting. I'm sure you will find the right one you are looking for before you're done. Remember, you only need to find one.👍🏻
Thats right. I find myself giving myself the "it only takes one" pep talk often while hunting.

Keep after it. You will find a shooter I’m sure of it. Can’t wait to see how this plays out.

OP
MuleyFever
I have been out here 3 days now and I have not found anything that I think would break 180". I have spent the last 3 days on the south side by Pennell. Tomorrow is the opener. I am having a hard time deciding what my next move is. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed at this point.

The last 2 days I have seen a nice 4x4, maybe 28" wide, that is a beautiful deer but just not opening day in the Henry's nice. He is in a bad spot for his health. I am guessing someone shoots him in the first few days, especially if they are seeing the same caliber of deer I am. That's the best deer I have found on this end, I think. I got a glimpse of a buck yesterday morning but it was not light enough to get a really good look. He looked good with a nice kicker off one side. Just not sure how big. From what I saw probably short of that 180" mark though.

I am thinking that I should head over to the north side and look for that buck with the split backs tomorrow. He was also in a popular area so I am sure there will be people that have seen him looking for him tomorrow. I may as well throw my hat in and see what happens.

Cold front looks to be moving in today so good weather for hunting at least.

Will be interested to see how it goes…

I m sure you could always call a guide last minute and see what kind a of deal you could work out…. It’s a rare enough tag with high potential.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I have been out here 3 days now and I have not found anything that I think would break 180". I have spent the last 3 days on the south side by Pennell. Tomorrow is the opener. I am having a hard time deciding what my next move is. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed at this point.

The last 2 days I have seen a nice 4x4, maybe 28" wide, that is a beautiful deer but just not opening day in the Henry's nice. He is in a bad spot for his health. I am guessing someone shoots him in the first few days, especially if they are seeing the same caliber of deer I am. That's the best deer I have found on this end, I think. I got a glimpse of a buck yesterday morning but it was not light enough to get a really good look. He looked good with a nice kicker off one side. Just not sure how big. From what I saw probably short of that 180" mark though.

I am thinking that I should head over to the north side and look for that buck with the split backs tomorrow. He was also in a popular area so I am sure there will be people that have seen him looking for him tomorrow. I may as well throw my hat in and see what happens.

Cold front looks to be moving in today so good weather for hunting at least.

Don’t get discouraged bro!! It’s hard to go to a unit like that when you’ve heard so many stories but the unit is down (has happened to me) and even though it’s down, there still great potential there! I’d trade places with you in a flash!

You worked your butt off!! But don’t forget that big deer hunting is tough all over, even on a great tag like that.

Dig deep, hunt as long as you possibly can, and you won’t have any regrets. My money is on you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MuleyFever
People rolling in today. Machines with antennas and guys with radios on there chests. Along with everyone’s aunt, uncle and cousins. Everyone starring each other down waiting for the whistle to blow.