My homemade moose target

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going moose hunting in British Columbia the first week of October so I built a moose target last week to start practicing on. This one is very similar to the one I built for my 2015 moose hunt. The body of the target was cut from a 3/4" 4'x6' rubber horse stall mat and the vitals section was cut from a 2" thick piece of 6-pound closed cell foam. At work I have access to lots of high-dollar modeling software so I put the stuff to good use to make the pattern for my target. I basically traced around a moose photo showing the vitals and scaled it up to life size. My target stands 6' 6" tall at the top of the hump. It's a chore to wrassle around and set up but I think the practice will pay off.

Darren

iPNmysa.jpg

BIuLZCT.jpg

VW4ttKB.jpg

ZPhnAkJ.jpg

IDdmXoN.jpg

H5midA8.jpg

VjT3gnt.jpg

pOLYsrp.jpg

Looks good! I have always believed that the most realistic targets and shot scenarios pay out the most when the heat of the moment comes along. Good shooting and best of luck on the hunt.

Mitch291

FNG
The rubber mat can be hard to get arrows out of. I had one as a back stop in my garage. Got a soft spot in the target. The arrow with though the rubber and had a real hard time getting it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can tell ya from personal experience, when you draw back on a bull moose (whether at 10' or 60 yards) the target is so big you don't worry about missing. Aim small. Canadians think us Yanks chasing moose with a bow are funny.