my late season mode of transportation....

sk1

WKR
anyone else ever do this? one late season area i hunted was 4-5 miles of a relatively gentle slope before the major uphill begins...this is where i walk the stream for a bit to cover my tracks and stash the snowboard. it takes a few hours to get in there, but only minutes to get out! also pull in an ice fishing sled in case im successful and will stash it if i know im coming back another day.

pardon my non-gear junkie clothing, was my first year hunting out west :p
rocking my old military BDU pants and $10 walmart special shirt, but hey it got the job done.

Attachments

• DSCN0600K.jpg
    DSCN0600K.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 115

Jon Boy

WKR
Would be pretty awesome to get a day of hunting in and shredding some fresh powder! Ive always wanted to back pack into some areas with snow shoes and board some back country ridges.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Haha that's awesome!!

let me tell you it's such a long boring hike to get into that area i hunt, it's such a relief to have that snowboard and get back to the truck in like 15-20 minutes vs hours of hiking....it was my buddy's idea so i cant take credit, but if there is ever a reasonable time to take the board in late season like to situation i described, i take it!!