My Lowa Tibet GTX boots make me sad.......

gibbons025

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Lowa Tibet Hi’s and they took awhile to break in but now they feel like a part of my feet when I wear them. They make a hard climb in the mountains alittle easier for me.

Ryan R

Lil-Rokslider
If the boot hurts your feet now get rid of them. They are not going to suddenly feel great a few miles from now. There are lots of choices out there. I bought and returned the tibets and hanwag boots because they both rubbed the outside of my big toe. I wear Asolo and Mendl boots. I put them on and they feel great instantly. That's what you need.

Squamch

WKR
My Tibet's took an honest 100km to break in.
I also nuked a pair of superfeet guide or hunter (I forget what they were called, camo ones anyway), in a day. I run Sole footbeds now. I have crazy high arches (I have over 1" of space under my arch), narrow heels, and a wide front of my foot. Finding boots that fit is a nightmare for me.
I had almost given up on them when one day I realized my feet weren't falling asleep, or sore.

syoungs

FNG
I must have got close to 40 miles on mine before they started fitting good. they hurt my feet the first 20 miles or so, just been getting better since.
I have some superfeet, or another decent insole from the local place I buy all my work boots. way better then stock, and I run them in all my other boots too. Makes for a familiar feeling which I like.

hopefully they get to feeling better for you. they are a fantastic boot imo.

bhartman

FNG
I purchased a pair of Lowa Tibet GTX boots in August before my elk hunt. The only reason I bought them was that I found a site that had them on sale with free shipping. I was very aware the were not broken in before the hunt. So during the hunt I would wear them a day or two and then put on my Saloman 4D GTX. The entire hunt the Lowa's hurt my feet. Again, I figured they were not properly broken in. I have been wearing them on and off since then when I need an non-insulated boot. The still hurt my feet. The last time I went wore them I went on a 2-3 mile hike with no pack and my feet hurt. I always wanted a pair of Lowa Tibet GTX boots but I am bummed they hurt my feet.

Here is where I need advise.

Will they ever stop hurting my feet?

Should I sell them?

Does anyone have another suggestion on a boot that is non-insulated, waterproof, with a full rubber rand? Maybe something not as stiff.

Thanks!

I’m not sure if this helps but I bought a pair of zephyrs for work a couple years ago and it took them close to a month to break in. I also do landscaping on the side and bought the renegades since my keen’s took a dump and they felt great from the get go. Unsure if it was because of the stiffness in the sole or what. But after my zephyrs got good in worn in I don’t know if I’ll ever wear another boot other than Lowa. Just love the fit.

Marble

WKR
I have some Lowa GTX Hunters. They fit well but are not as comfortable to wear as my danners. But, if I do wear them and hike/hunt all day with a pack, my feet feel wonderful at the end of the day. If I wear my danners and pack, my feet will be sore.

About 10 years ago I bought a pair of Lowa Tibets. The only thing I didn't like was the inside height of the toe box seemed very shallow and was always putting pressure on my toes. I tried every lacing technique I could find and nothing worked, so I sold them. Haven't had that issue with any other boots I've ever worn. My Lowa's didn't make me sad, they just weren't right for me. But every time I put on my Zamberlan Dakota's they put a smile on my face. Like a perfect fitting broken in baseball mitt.

I had the same issue with the volume of my Lowa Camino's. I kept reading that they ran large so I ordered my normal 12 wide rather than stepping up to the 13. For the first month they were great but as they broke in the bend from walking put unbearable pressure on the top of my feet. I called Lowa but they were no help since I had worn them for a month fortunately for me I was gearing up for both myself and my son for our first elk hunt. My son was able to wear them with no issues otherwise I would have been out $300.

I was able to try on the Meindl Denali's at the Cabela's in Delaware and they worked great for me.

Shrek

WKR
I’ll add to the try a decent insole. I don’t think most of the high end boot companies even expect that you will use the insole provided. A good insole makes all the difference. Now , if the problem is rubbing or pinching , that’s different issue.

OP
JGBowman

JGBowman

Lil-Rokslider
So I was dead set on getting new insoles. But then I went to the sportsman show in Harrisburg and talked to a crispi rep. He told me that the lowa probable hurt my feet because they are stiff and I am not use to it. He gave me a pair of crispi nevadas to try on which have a 3 flex rating. He said that they would be way less stiff than mt lowas. So I tried them on and I though they were fantastic.

Now I dont know what to do. I cleaned my lowas last night and I might put them in the classifieds later this week.

Not sure the conditions of your elk hunt but the Tibet is a stiffer boot designed to be under stress from steep terrain and pack load. If your walking around relatively fla terrain without load it will definitely hurt your feet.

BCWAID

FNG
If the boot hurts your feet now get rid of them. They are not going to suddenly feel great a few miles from now. There are lots of choices out there. I bought and returned the tibets and hanwag boots because they both rubbed the outside of my big toe. I wear Asolo and Mendl boots. I put them on and they feel great instantly. That's what you need.
I agree here. I have a buddy that bought some Lowas and tried about every trick to make them comfortable (liners, different socks, lacing techniques, insoles) and still can’t get them to cooperate with his feet.
I own the Lowa Tibets and love their performance, but still get some heel rub if I don’t wear liners and socks. I’m keeping mine, but recently bought a pair of Asolo Hunter GVs for 150 before promo code on STP. They seem like a similar boot to the Tibet, but a little more forgiving.

I bought some Timberland Earthkeepers Mt. Maddsen on REI for $99.95. I bought them because I have been wearing Timberland workboots for 12 years. They have always been awesomely comfortable right out the box, never needing any breakin.

And what happened with the new Earthkeeper hunting boots? Same thing. Comfortable right out of the box. Water resistance is very good. I've had them on four hunting trips where I crossed streams and walked along the surf at the beach. My feet have never been wet.

They are inexpensive and emote ridicule, but they work for the relatively flat land that I normally travel, and they are dirt cheap. I still have the first pair of work boots I bought 12 years ago and wear them in my warehouse 200 days a year.

I wonder if it is really impossible to make a stiffer boot comfortable out of the box? I have some Crispi Wyomings on the way for some high country hunts and will let you know.

53a03193-14c6-4588-9010-e3111501c216