my Missouri rifle buck

Got this 10 point on friday of Missouri's rifle season on our farm.

Had a hot doe come in at 3:20 he was trailing her on a thick west facing hillside that is in it's third year of growth from a timber stand improvement project. He stopped at about 75 yards out behind a couple of trees. I knew his rack was descent, but was trying to judge his body for age class, to make sure he was mature. He took 2 more steps and i seen enough and let my Tikka T3X in 6.5 creedmoor eat. At the shot he crumpled into the heavy under brush. As i wanted another mature buck, wider but shorter came through on the same trail and chased the doe for a moment, but left for a safer zip code lol.

After the doe left i eased out of my stand and went to check out my buck. I expected ground shrinkage, but was pleasantly surprised that he was nicer than I thought. The eight point in the trail cam picture was a buck I got earlier in the bow season.

My wife and I have done alot of habitat improvement work on our farm and our enjoying the results of it as much as the wildlife is.

Thanks for looking20191122_153702.jpg20191122_155650_Burst011 (1).jpg20191122_160855.jpg20191123_080142.jpgIMG_2729.JPG

Wedes

FNG
Awesome Missouri buck first year in years I wasn’t able to hunt Missouri because of a deployment. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbwright

WKR
Classified Approved
Got this 10 point on friday of Missouri's rifle season on our farm.

Had a hot doe come in at 3:20 he was trailing her on a thick west facing hillside that is in it's third year of growth from a timber stand improvement project. He stopped at about 75 yards out behind a couple of trees. I knew his rack was descent, but was trying to judge his body for age class, to make sure he was mature. He took 2 more steps and i seen enough and let my Tikka T3X in 6.5 creedmoor eat. At the shot he crumpled into the heavy under brush. As i wanted another mature buck, wider but shorter came through on the same trail and chased the doe for a moment, but left for a safer zip code lol.

After the doe left i eased out of my stand and went to check out my buck. I expected ground shrinkage, but was pleasantly surprised that he was nicer than I thought. The eight point in the trail cam picture was a buck I got earlier in the bow season.

My wife and I have done alot of habitat improvement work on our farm and our enjoying the results of it as much as the wildlife is.

Thanks for lookingView attachment 138934View attachment 138935View attachment 138936View attachment 138937View attachment 138938
Great buck, and good work sticking with the land improvement. We’ve done some habitat work for years, and it’s pretty cool to see the deer migrate to some of the thicker areas on the farm. Anyway, good buck and enjoy that venison!