My New Bone Valley Bushcraft Knife, Sheath, and Fire Steel

Just arrived yesterday. Beautiful USA made knife and sheath with matching fire steel.
20200822_142302.jpg

I was watching Joe Robinet Bushcraft, as I was craving winter camping now that we're in the middle of our hell-on-earth summer. I noticed a beefy knife he was using and checked out the maker, Adventure Sworn, a custom knife maker that specializes in tough and beautiful knives. They had a spectacular desert ironwood burl knife that I really LIKED. But after adding in the optional sheath, fire-steel-loop, dangler, and custom fire steel the total cost was over $500. Their knives are beautiful and highest quality, but that price is a bit steep for me, so I put that dream on hold and went back to watching winter camping videos.

I'm not sure how I stumbled onto Bone Valley knives, but they won my business. Hand made in USA by a husband and wife team in Georgia, Bryan made the knife and fire steel, and both are works of art. His wife Alyssa made the incredible sheath. I chose desert ironwood burl (just like the Adventure Sworn model) , and the entire custom knife package was $375 with free shipping.

The blade is 5/32 01 tool steel (Hrc 58/59), cryo treated. The handle pins are fine brass mosaic, and the thin liners are black G10. You can check out their website for all the details. I couldn't be more impressed and pleased with this purchase.

20200822_142225.jpg
20200822_142544.jpg
20200822_142055.jpg

I have no affiliation with either company in this post. I purchased the knife with my own funds.

Last edited:
OP
Mike Islander
Forgot to add some motivation for going custom. I was checking out the Benchmade Bushcrafter and calculated that after getting it at a discount at around $230, adding a decent leather sheath and fire steel would bring the total price closer to $300+ for a mass produced G10 handled knife. For $100 more I figured I could buy something a lot more beautiful and unique. Turned out that for $75 I got what will eventually be a family heirloom.

Last edited:
OP
Mike Islander
That looks great. How long did it take to get it after you ordered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took about 4 hours to ship! 😁. They actually had it in stock, the only desert ironwood burl that they had. Not sure if someone else originally ordered it, or if they just built it on speculation because it was such a beautiful knife knowing they would be able to sell it.

Not sure how long a true custom order will take. My guess is that right now is a great time to order a Custom Knife, because there's probably fewer people ordering them than usual.

Last edited: