dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
LeDC1fe.jpg

CRrskQX.jpg

gjazVP7.jpg

gwHHHab.jpg

VbJsXJf.jpg

hBFJObv.jpg

I came across Warrick Harvey and Harvey Archery on Facebook when I saw some of his risers made from various stabilized burl woods. I started looking at his photos and saw that he used amboyna burl in a few bows. I have been in love with that particular wood for a long time but had never seen it used in a bow. I had heard that some bowyers used it in risers but never as limb veneer because they couldn't get pieces big enough. But there it was, on limbs and in handles.

So I fought temptation as long as I could but then I noticed he made knives as well and then I caved. I commissioned an all-amboyna burl bow and a matching knife to go with it. Seeing as Warrick lives in South Africa, I thought it was also fitting that he use some local material in the bow. He accommodated me by putting gemsbok horn on the back of the riser and the limb tips. I think the total time from me placing the order to him finishing the bow was 3 weeks!

Bow specs: It is his Crowned Eagle model which is a hybrid longbow. The bow is 60" long and pulls 53#@28". The limb core is bamboo and the belly veneer is spalted bamboo. I asked why he didn't use the same veneer on both sides of the limb and he said he always used bamboo on the belly for performance purposes. The back limb veneer is amboyna burl and the riser is also amboyna burl. You can see the gemsbok horn on the riser and tips. Warrick said he should have the knife done next week. I look forward to seeing it as well.

I hope she shoots as good as she looks!

Darren

baeloth

FNG
That's a beautiful bow, Daren; congrats. I shot a 58" 46#@28 down at Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear in Wheatridge, CO. it was pretty good looking as well and fine shooter.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rick653

FNG
I don't know if I would have it in me to take such a beautiful bow into the field. Based on some of your other stories, I'm pretty confident you'll have this bow on some great adventure.