snopro176

snopro176

WKR
Forgot to post this too, kinda neat
cb8f291906fa5f2672d654c23e3f9213.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Bughalli

WKR
Looks like a great product and well designed. Kudos on the personal touch with the note. Do you think the bino cover or flap, when it sits forward in the open position...would get in the way of your bow string? I have avoided designs where the cover flap falls forward because bow string contact was always a concern and I didn't want to buy one just to try it. I fear this occuring in one of those "shit happens" moments under high pressure field conditions before a shot. I could see me forget to get that flap secured with the magnets. Plus, I'm a little negative on magnet closures for archery hunting. I had one of those Badlands bino harness in the past and that occasional "snap" that occurs due to magnets can cost you a close encounter stalk with the bow. They should put a little bit of fleece on them to avoid that "snap" sound if you forget to put the flap down gently.

Last edited:
OP
snopro176

snopro176

WKR
Looks like a great product and well designed. Kudos on the personal touch with the note. Do you think the bino cover or flap, when it sits forward in the open position...would get in the way of your bow string? I have avoided designs where the cover flap falls forward because bow string contact was always a concern and I didn't want to buy one just to try it. I fear this occuring in one of those "shit happens" moments under high pressure field conditions before a shot. I could see me forget to get that flap secured with the magnets. Plus, I'm a little negative on magnet closures for archery hunting. I had one of those Badlands bino harness in the past and that occasional "snap" that occurs due to magnets can cost you a close encounter stalk with the bow. They should put a little bit of fleece on them to avoid that "snap" sound if you forget to put the flap down gently.
That was my biggest concern as well. The one I was planning to build would've tucked backward between the shoulder straps so it could never bee in the way. That's why I've never been a big fan of like the Badlands design, but this one actually stays pretty tight to the harness when it's forward. Didn't think I'd like a forward folding design but this one seems to work well.

daddie63

WKR
My favorite harness also. His personal note is very cool and his curltomer service is great also. I sent him a pic of my daughters and I cow elk hunt and be posted it on his website even. My daughter thought that was cool.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I have taken a couple of animals while wearing my Marsupial bino harness and I have never had any string interference issues. As far as the magnetic snap noise, when I am stalking in on an animal, I magnet the lid in the open position so that my binos are at the ready. The little straps that connect to the binos give you that extra assurance that your binos will not fall onto the ground if you lean over to far. I have been really impressed with this pack, and look forward to future products from them. Jim is willing to listen to his customers and try to make small improvements to make the ever elusive "perfect" binocular harness.

LostArra

WKR
I asked this question before and don't remember if i got an answer or I just forgot the answer.
Do those magnets affect a handheld compass? After a hinky compass experience in a blinding snow storm I'm a little hesitant to have magnets and a compass within arms reach. I prefer to stay unlost.

The bino pack and harness look terrific and thanks for the video.

FlyGuy

WKR
Thanks. Will watch as soon as I can.

I've been running an AGC for a year or so. Its far better than anything Ive had in the past, but ive been thinking about making a change. Wish it was lighter. Wish it opened forward instead of towards me. Since the lid can't open completely it's always in the way when binos are going in or out. I just replaced all the buckles with locking ones from Kifaru, which should help with slippage throughout the day. But, the biggest problem I have is squeaking. Drives me crazy. When the binos go in or out, the friction between the liner material and the bell end of the binos causes a fairly loud squeak. It could just be my binos (currently vortex talons) which have a rubbery, slightly tacky texture to them. I put tape over the ends of them which stopped it for a while, but eventually it wears out and rolls up. Then the squeaks start again.

This is the upgrade I've been considering, btw. Looks like a number of the same features.

Stealth Bino Harness | Muley Freak |

OP
snopro176

snopro176

WKR
I asked this question before and don't remember if i got an answer or I just forgot the answer.
Do those magnets affect a handheld compass? After a hinky compass experience in a blinding snow storm I'm a little hesitant to have magnets and a compass within arms reach. I prefer to stay unlost.

No problem, I like to help she'd any light I can on new stuff that's not getting enough attention.

I too am curious about the magnet question, anyone have a definite answer?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

Short answer is yes within about 8/10 inches will affect compass and GPS. I don't find it a deal breaker and just hold it further out. I have forgotten and wandered for a bit thinking wtf I know it's that way. I like my GPS on my pack shoulder strap and that will not work with the magnets. I really like the features and the way the lid functions opened and closed but compass can be drama if you forget and hold it in the normal position

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Good video and thanks for posting it up. Always good to have gear evaluations like this. I too think the Marsupial harness looks like a winner, at least for some folks. I looked at them rather closely but didn't end up with one. That's only because I'm admittedly not mainstream when it comes to what I like in a harness. I'm rather inclined toward total minimalist designs.

OP
snopro176

snopro176

WKR
Nice review, is that your tag budget on the board behind you?
Hahaha I was wondering if that would catch any eyes. That was just a breakdown of all tag and license cost as a non resident, for all big game species in the western United States. Rather than always having to look it up, I decided to write it all out so I could actually SEE what it was gonna cost at a glance. Come to find out I can't afford to hunt out of state this season haha.