My new hunting rig!

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Well after much debate I have gotten my 2013 hunting bow! I THOUGHT I had my mind made up with the chill but I hadn't shot the PRIME Defy, and boy how wrong was I for thinking the chill was going to be mine this season!!! :eek: I am very happy with my decision of the Defy and couldn't be happier! At first there was a little love/hate going on cuz I absolutely loved the bow as it is very very nice on the eyes and is smooooooth as all heck on both the draw and the shot and quieter than a mouse fart! But I couldn't get it to group for the life of me, so we "paper tuned" it, shot it and same thing so we then took it just a smudge "out of tune" and viola! Got it shooting quarter size groups at 20 yards, I'm looking forward to playing with this bow in the coming months! Did I mention I was very happy with this bow?!? ;) :D Anyway, done with my little excitement splurge, just had to share... :D

2013 PRIME Defy 27" 65lbs
MBG Ascent 3 pin slider
Trophy Taker SmackDown Pro
Fuse Satori 2pc 4 arrow
stabilizer... TBD
Beman ISC "bone collectors"
TruFire Hardcore MAX head w/ standard hardcore strap

2A34B839-3C5F-426F-B4B3-49F28A51F9AD-3079-00000298A1E092DA.jpg

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Sweet dude, gotta get it bloody now;)
Haha that's the plan for sure! :)

Great looking bow. I've never shot a prime bow before.

What are the fps and KE of your set-up?
They're worth the time to at least test one out, the Defy is flat out awesome IMO. And I haven't checked all that yet but I'm assumin fps will be around 275 since the IBO is right around what my AM32 was... I'm hoping to calculate that today if not tomoro so I'll report back when I do...

sk1

WKR
ive been really really really tempted by those prime bows since they came out a few years ago.....not to mention it feels great in my hand. maybe one day ill give in, but this year i stayed with hoyt.

sweet looking bow

IAHNTR

WKR
I shot the shift and centroid last week and didn't really like either of them. Actually they have both been hanging on the shelf for over a year the salesman said. I hope the new models draw nothing like last years. Why they haven't sold in over a year I'm guessing.

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I shot the shift and centroid last week and didn't really like either of them. Actually they have both been hanging on the shelf for over a year the salesman said. I hope the new models draw nothing like last years. Why they haven't sold in over a year I'm guessing.
IMO the Defy has the Shift beat in every category... Seems to be a love or hate with the PRIMES for the most part, and I love em! Well the Defy at least! ;)

sk1

WKR
i druel everytime i look at the prime bows, not sure why i didnt look into it more this year.....i told myself i was giving them more time to work things out as their design has only been around a few years now...maybe in a couple more years ill own one!

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
i druel everytime i look at the prime bows, not sure why i didnt look into it more this year.....i told myself i was giving them more time to work things out as their design has only been around a few years now...maybe in a couple more years ill own one!

You really owe it to yourself to at least try one out. I had seen them in years past but kinda thought the same way as far as ever getting a new bow. Thought I'd stick with a Hoyt or maybe even a Mathews but when I shot the Defy I was very glad I had! It really is an awesome bow...

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Well I did a little shooting today and chrono'd it and I was getting a consistent 267fps with a 408 grain arrow which calculates to ~64.5lbs of KE, not alot but enough. Not sure what it maxes out at but I cranked down the limbs and shot through the chronny again and got a consistent 282 with the same arrow which calculates to ~71.5lbs ok KE... Or at least I think that's right

Last edited: