My new Mid Life Crisis Promotion at work Truck Im buying

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I can honestly say I am excited about spending 60k on a truck. I found a 2018 Ram 2500 with Cummins Diesel only 12k Miles on it. And she is a beauty.
Big Horn with lots of extras and its a beast. I should pick it up next week. Got my Financing all approved. 2023 is going to be a great year.

Story behind all of this. I have a 2017 Ram 2500 Same color and all with 58k miles and the Hemi 5.7 motor. I took it up a month ago to go camping with my new Toy hauler with Polaris inside and I ended up blowing that motor up. Thankfully I had a really good warranty package sold to me when I refinanced it. So it was no deductible and was payed for. so Im trading it in now with a new motor. I lost some confidence in the 5.7 Hemi so decided its time to step up to the diesel. I shall now have no issues with towing anything at this point =)

Attachments

• Ram1.JPG
    Ram1.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Ram12.JPG
    Ram12.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Ram11.JPG
    Ram11.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Ram9.JPG
    Ram9.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Ram8.JPG
    Ram8.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Ram7.JPG
    Ram7.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 106
  • Ram6.JPG
    Ram6.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Ram5.JPG
    Ram5.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Ram4.JPG
    Ram4.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Ram3.JPG
    Ram3.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 116
OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Truck is in my driveway now. Im still working on getting my accessories put on and getting them cleaned up for the new truck. It runs so smooth, and Diesels get fantastic fuel mileage. I was shocked. bringing it home was a 20 mile run and it got 17 mpg. I had no idea how good these where on gas.

SDHNTR

WKR
Truck is in my driveway now. Im still working on getting my accessories put on and getting them cleaned up for the new truck. It runs so smooth, and Diesels get fantastic fuel mileage. I was shocked. bringing it home was a 20 mile run and it got 17 mpg. I had no idea how good these where on gas.
Because they don’t use any gas?

Last edited:
Yeah the mpg can be pretty nice. I have a 2015 3500 bighorn that I ordered with a 6 speed manual and was getting 20-22 with the factory tires. Once I put some duratrac tires on it I’m getting 17 ish most of the time. Great truck but make sure you do some regular diving/ longer trips. The exhaust sensors don’t like sitting sand not getting hot enough.

ss9961

FNG
Wow..thats an upgrade for sure. I see one of these in my future. Your towing/hauling worries are definitely over.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Wow..thats an upgrade for sure. I see one of these in my future. Your towing/hauling worries are definitely over.
I agree they sure are. Yeah I plan to get out at least once or twice a week to put 100miles or so on it at a time. I work from home so I dont commute to office everyday but we will definitely be getting out now that I have the Deisel.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
If you spend $60k on a vehicle I wouldn't think there would be that much concern about gas mileage.
There is not, but I was suprised at how well the milage is over gas engine Thats why I mentioned it. Your 100% spot on though i was not concerned about it.

Don't want to rain on your parade but chances are you're overloaded pulling a toy hauler. I had to upgrade my 2017 F250 Powerstroke. Depends on your trailer, but:

Without my SXS in the toyhauler (going to the lake mode) my tongue weight was almost 1900 lbs. my hitch was rated for 1550.

Add my family and crap in the bed and I was way over payload/RAWR.

Sure, the engine pulls like a freight train but the safety aspects simply weren't adequate. I now have a long bed F350 SRW that I've scaled fully loaded, but still about 80% capacity.

Toyhaulers are monsters.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Don't want to rain on your parade but chances are you're overloaded pulling a toy hauler. I had to upgrade my 2017 F250 Powerstroke. Depends on your trailer, but:

Without my SXS in the toyhauler (going to the lake mode) my tongue weight was almost 1900 lbs. my hitch was rated for 1550.

Add my family and crap in the bed and I was way over payload/RAWR.

Sure, the engine pulls like a freight train but the safety aspects simply weren't adequate. I now have a long bed F350 SRW that I've scaled fully loaded, but still about 80% capacity.

Toyhaulers are monsters.
My issue wasnt being overloaded the Toyhauler dry weight is 4500. I had my Polaris in the back and about 1200 lbs of gear and about 700 in the truck., Well within 11k that the 5,7 can tow. My problem was the rating is done at sea level on flat land not pulling up the Ike Gauntlets in Colorado. But yeah you are kind of right cause this much weight up I70 outside what the Hemi could handle.

My issue wasnt being overloaded the Toyhauler dry weight is 4500. I had my Polaris in the back and about 1200 lbs of gear and about 700 in the truck., Well within 11k that the 5,7 can tow. My problem was the rating is done at sea level on flat land not pulling up the Ike Gauntlets in Colorado. But yeah you are kind of right cause this much weight up I70 outside what the Hemi could handle.

Oh wow that's a super light toyhauler. You're golden.