My new PH2 28 Nosler

I am so stoked to get out and sight this rifle in. Just got her back from Cerakote yesterday and put back together. Seekins 28 Nosler w/seekins rings and a Leupold VX6HD 4-24 scope. Going to be shooting the Hornady Precision Hunter in 162GR until I get enough brass to start some load development. Still searching for a bipod. Can't decide between the Hatch, Atlas or Spartan.

Attachments

• seekins.jpg
    seekins.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 251
  • seekins2.jpg
    seekins2.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 246

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
Really like the cerakote! i just purchased the same rifle but in 6.5PRC. Definitely going to cerakote mine also.

HydroMT

FNG
That rig looks really nice with the Cerakote! I'm curious about the weight too, what is the weight on that rig with the scope and without the bipod?

I'm looking at cerakote options, how much did it cost to have it done?

OP
jarheadhunter
That rig looks really nice with the Cerakote! I'm curious about the weight too, what is the weight on that rig with the scope and without the bipod?

I'm looking at cerakote options, how much did it cost to have it done?
Rifle with scope and rings is just over 8.5 lbs. Cerakote cost me $300

renagde

WKR
Rifle with scope and rings is just over 8.5 lbs. Cerakote cost me $300
8.5 lbs with scope and rings? That would put the rifle only well under the advertised weight of 6.9lbs. (the scope is advertised at 26oz and with rings I'm guessing 30+oz total for optics) If that's accurate, that would make this rifle even more appealing.

HydroMT

FNG
8.5 lbs with scope and rings? That would put the rifle only well under the advertised weight of 6.9lbs. (the scope is advertised at 26oz and with rings I'm guessing 30+oz total for optics) If that's accurate, that would make this rifle even more appealing.

I heard directly from Seekins this week that the long action PH2 with a 26-inch barrel and no brake weights 7.35 lbs or 7 lbs 5.6 oz. I'm looking at one in 7mm Rem Mag.

renagde

WKR
I heard directly from Seekins this week that the long action PH2 with a 26-inch barrel and no brake weights 7.35 lbs or 7 lbs 5.6 oz. I'm looking at one in 7mm Rem Mag.

Yeah, that sounds about right because their short action is advertised at 6.9 lbs. But 7lbs 5.6 oz + 30oz for optics is about 9 1/4 lbs total.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
That looks awesome! Very nice rifle.

With a caliber like 28 Nosler and a nicer rig, I assume you plan on doing a lot of dialing for MOA elevation and windage on long long shots?

If so, please do yourself a favor and verify the tracking on your VX-6. I’ve had a VX-5 and VX-6 with bad dial systems. Work with somebody experienced with testing tracking and make sure yours is working properly after shooting the rifle a bunch.

OP
jarheadhunter
That looks awesome! Very nice rifle.

With a caliber like 28 Nosler and a nicer rig, I assume you plan on doing a lot of dialing for MOA elevation and windage on long long shots?

If so, please do yourself a favor and verify the tracking on your VX-6. I’ve had a VX-5 and VX-6 with bad dial systems. Work with somebody experienced with testing tracking and make sure yours is working properly after shooting the rifle a bunch.
Nope I don’t plan on dialing a lot. Only for hunting. Maybe a little practice now and then.

OP
jarheadhunter
I will have to see if I can get a smaller scale. This was just off the bathroom scale.

OP
jarheadhunter
I will get a weight tonight. I have a new scale setting on my porch.

OP
jarheadhunter
9lb 2 oz with my brake on. So 9 lbs even I would say without a brake maybe a little less.

Attachments

• 7EA54CE4-FBB5-488E-B57C-EDFF9E5300E5.jpeg
    7EA54CE4-FBB5-488E-B57C-EDFF9E5300E5.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 32