My Poorly Filmed Wolf Encounter

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Last year I shot a wolf while out looking mostly to fill a whitetail doe tag. As luck would have it, I didn't have a camera operator with me. So, I just turned on my cell phone and recorded some of my blabbering while it was happening.

The footage has been on my phone for a year. Before deleting it from my phone to clean out the unusable junk, I showed it to Dale, one of my production crew, the other day and he said he would make something interesting from it. OK, knock yourself out.

Here is what he came up with. I am ready for all the heckling as people see me pull the rookie move of not putting a round in the chamber.

Erict

WKR
Congrats and nice job! Calling it in made it even better.

I have skinned quite a few coyotes and fox. The smell of the meat is way too "gamey" for me. Tell us a bit more about the backstraps and/or other meat and how you prepared it. Thanks!

68Plexi

WKR
Wow. Couldn’t tell if your howl was a wolf attempt or a moose! Worked just fine! Great job. Thanks for sharing the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
Great video. Make me really respect those guys who solo hunt and have polished film to go with it. With all your experience it shows how hard it is.

I have a tough enough time just remembering to take a few pictures.

NYbuck

FNG
Thanks for sharing! Saw a wolf on my Montana elk hunt last year, didn’t have a tag!

Attachments

• 28B948D3-E20C-4CEE-BBF5-5EBB9C5CDC13.jpeg
    28B948D3-E20C-4CEE-BBF5-5EBB9C5CDC13.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 81
Thanks for sharing. Glad you had your cell phone. CONGRATS on your wolf. Wish I could get close enough for a kill myself.

Anybody who has never failed to chamber a round either hasn't hunted very much or hasn't been very safe.

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
I stumbled upon this yesterday, glad you shared! Wondering how wolf cooked? I don't know anyone that tries eating coyote around here and was thinking wolf would be the same?

Last year I shot a wolf while out looking mostly to fill a whitetail doe tag. As luck would have it, I didn't have a camera operator with me. So, I just turned on my cell phone and recorded some of my blabbering while it was happening.

The footage has been on my phone for a year. Before deleting it from my phone to clean out the unusable junk, I showed it to Dale, one of my production crew, the other day and he said he would make something interesting from it. OK, knock yourself out.

Here is what he came up with. I am ready for all the heckling as people see me pull the rookie move of not putting a round in the chamber.

The “click” when you pull the trigger is the worst feeling in the world...unfortunately we have all been there.

Jared06

FNG
I'm still waiting for the response from the food critic...... I might try a little wolf backstrap jerky, but I dont know...

Thanks for sharing! Saw a wolf on my Montana elk hunt last year, didn’t have a tag!
This is why I always buy two wolf tags, no matter what. It’s an extra $100 as a nonresident, but if you get a shot (or two) it’s worth it.

1stSgt M

Lil-Rokslider
Good video, it's cool to see even the professionals get excited and make rookie mistakes...