My Quest for a Sheep Outfitter

shaun

WKR
Well talking to a few guys the outfitter I was originally thinking about for my Dall hunt somewat has me on the rocks on booking for archery. If it was a rifle hunt no questions asked. I have a few other outfitters I was hoping to get any input on from anyone while I am doin my HW. I am looking at Joesph Miller from Alaka State Wide Guides. I am also looking at Nahanni Butte Outfitters. I have both sending me archery references etc etc. But I got soo much feed back on the last outfitter I figured I would ask about these guys.

Thanks for the Help

Tilzbow

WKR
After talking to several references during my search I ruled out Nahanni Butte. Reasons have more detail than I want to go into here so if you want details PM me and we exchange phone numbers.

I'd check out the following with the first the outfitter I went with who did an outstanding job on my archery Dall's hunt:

Ram Head
MacKenzie Mountain
Gana River

I've heard other good things from bow hunters about the last two but I don't have personal experience with them.

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
I will definatly shoot you a pm I was looking at that outfitter quite a bit

sdr

FNG
I have hunted with the Lancasters at Nahanni Butte for Dall and will hunt with them this summer for Stone sheep. I am also planning a trip to Asia for sheep with Clay Lancaster. They are a first class operation and will put you on sheep. I know Clay Lancaster prefers to bow hunt himself so he understands what it takes to get the job done.

hunt&fish

FNG
If you are looking at coming to NWT in the Mackenzie Mountains. I would take a look at Arctic Red River Outfitters. They have a great concession with very little hunting pressure.

Kotaman

WKR
You can't go wrong with Nahanni Butte or Arctic Red. I've hunted with the Lancaster family and they are great, this last fall I hunted Mountain Caribou with Arctic Red and they are fantastic as well. Saw sheep most days. If I am going to bowhunt Dalls, it would be in the NWT with one of these two outfits. This year I chose to rifle hunt a Dall in the Brooks.