My son's 2023 caribou and Kodiak Goat!

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
daaaang. It's all downhill for that kid...! How many seasons can we say we've taken three species?!

AKDoc

WKR
Great memories for a life-time for each one of you...waaay cool!!!

Thank you for sharing your adventure with us!

OP
SaltySailor
I wish other areas allowed you to let blood related family members use your tags. I'd let my kids fill mine for my too!

Jay
It is definitely a good deal on Alaska's part. They do make them have hunters' education in order to fill your draw tags, they don't need to do that to fill your regular harvest tickets though. I'd have to look again, but I don't even think they have to be blood related to fill your draw tag, I think they just have to be younger than 18 and have hunter's ed. I don't plan on being able to shoot anything for quite a few years until all the kids are out of the house!

Right on and congratulations to both of you!! That's a beautiful billy for sure, I love seeing the youngsters out there getting it done. My son killed his first (and only so far), goat on Kodiak when he was 12 and it was a trip of a lifetime...for me anyway. Do you mind me asking what draw tag that was?

What an awesome AK adventure to share with your son. Thanks for sharing here on Rokslide!

Uphills

FNG
Wow great story. What a lucky young man and a selfless dedicated father. Those memories will last a lifetime for both of you.