My thoughts of the Crispi Summits

I recent bought a pair of Crispi Summits and thought I would share a few things. First, I looked at Crispi because of the reputation for comfort and performance. Right away I noticed they ran a half size big compared to my kennetreks. No big deal, Crispi treats their customers right and made the exchange super fast. Second, many people talk about the no break in needed. I will say that is sort of true. I wore them on a elk hunt and about 7 miles the first day. Here is where it gets tricky. The insoles are terrible. They are flat and no support. No matter how I laced them I had slippage and tons of room in the foot box. When I got back to camp, I thought I lost in the boot search. But wait there’s more…
I just switched my insoles to superfeet in my sneakers. I switched out the crispi insoles and headed out for day 2.
Winner! I was able to lock my foot in and it no longer felt like I was walking on a piece of metal. The ankle support is great and the boot preforms. I put 11 miles on the second day with no issues.
Closing thoughts; Good boot but after you buy the boot, throw out the insoles and put something else in there. Also, try to try on before as sizing is a little different.

Sako300

WKR
Same exact experience with the Crispi Thor’s. I am using the super feet trailblazers, and really enjoy them.

Poser

WKR
Immediately replacing the insoles is the case with virtually all performance footwear. IMO, high end boots should not even come with insoles, you should get a voucher for Superfeet or similar and get correct insole for your foot profile. There’s simply no way to make a 1 size fits all insole.

Same experience with my crispi summits, Colorado, and guides. All insoles were quite useless for me. I’ve been using red SOLE insoles, and they’ve worked well for me.

The summits were super comfy right out of the gate, but the rocker bothered me after about 50 miles of use. The colorados stiffer sole I think balances it, but they are not as comfy as the summit. Currently using the guide, and jury is still out since the fit is a bit different than the others. Close but different. Still happy with them all, really.

OP
C
I think I will have sheep feet double cushion for next year. I honestly thought the kennetrek insole was better. I got lucky with the ability to switch but what a difference.

Unfortunately this is the typical Crispi experience. They cost too much to have to go out and spend another hundred, on proper insoles. Don't know why they keep this up?
It's like buying a top of the line vehicle, then having to replace the wooden seat.

I recent bought a pair of Crispi Summits and thought I would share a few things. First, I looked at Crispi because of the reputation for comfort and performance. Right away I noticed they ran a half size big compared to my kennetreks. No big deal, Crispi treats their customers right and made the exchange super fast. Second, many people talk about the no break in needed. I will say that is sort of true. I wore them on a elk hunt and about 7 miles the first day. Here is where it gets tricky. The insoles are terrible. They are flat and no support. No matter how I laced them I had slippage and tons of room in the foot box. When I got back to camp, I thought I lost in the boot search. But wait there’s more…
I just switched my insoles to superfeet in my sneakers. I switched out the crispi insoles and headed out for day 2.
Winner! I was able to lock my foot in and it no longer felt like I was walking on a piece of metal. The ankle support is great and the boot preforms. I put 11 miles on the second day with no issues.
Closing thoughts; Good boot but after you buy the boot, throw out the insoles and put something else in there. Also, try to try on before as sizing is a little different.
Agreed. I had the Summits and immediately put in Superfeet green insoles. The fit was great. They were just too stiff for what I do. Glad you liked them.

xcutter

WKR
Having to replace insoles is typical in every boot I've owned. It's almost like they expect you to and don't put any effort into providing a really good insole to match the boot.

I got the Sheepfeet insoles by the way. Worth every penny for my flat feet.

Poser

WKR
Having to replace insoles is typical in every boot I've owned. It's almost like they expect you to and don't put any effort into providing a really good insole to match the boot.

I got the Sheepfeet insoles by the way. Worth every penny for my flat feet.

Why would they dump $ into making a quality insole that is only useable for 33% of the population? Again, it would make much more sense to offer 3 insole options: flat, medium and high arch, but even that has a limiting application. In practical application, it makes more sense to just have a cheap insole since it will be thrown away anyway, but on that front, they shouldn’t even bother with insoles.

Also, Crispi is a “Bro brand.” Convince me otherwise.

the summits on my feet are the most comfortable boot i have owned.... wish they had an all leather version, or at least crispi had a standard fit/sizing description.

i have had 3 pair of crispis, all fit very different, so i pretty much gave up on them, but i do like the summit

Rhansen

Lil-Rokslider
To me they don’t bother with insoles to begin with… they basically throw cardboard in there and Stamp “these are replaceable insoles”

I have never had to have a pair of custom insoles until I bought Crispis. I have the Nevada’s and Summits. Its frustrating to spend 300-400 on a pair of boots just to have to spend more money on a pair of insoles. At least make an attempt…add some cheap memory foam or something. It’s like selling a rifle with a barrel that doesn’t work just because everyone’s putting carbon fiber pre-fits on them now lol

With that said the Nevada and Summits are both an excellent boot.

OP
C
Ok, after a hand full of elk miles and a few in Alaska moose hunting I fell very comfortable saying the Summits are horrible for my feet. Never had a boot tear me up as much as these. I’ll be moving on.