My two future huntresses

garrenj

FNG
On Wednesday my wife and I welcomed our first kids into the world, twin daughters Caitlyn Anne and Makaela Marie tipping the scales at 5lbs 13oz and 5lbs 14oz's. We are very glad both are happy and healthy especially after 17 long weeks of partial bedrest for my wife and her putting up with me being in the field for 16 days between deer and elk seasons. I can't wait until the day they will hopefully want to join me in the mountains. We are still getting used to the new level of sleep deprivation and I am begging to wonder if I might be looking to the back country for some rest this season.

It's inspiring to see the other memeber's out on successful hunts with their daughters, hopefully I will be there someday.

Just thought I would share with my Rokslide family. John

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 56
Congrats that's awesome, having lived through two sets of twins the first year is definitely HARD but it will get easier.

Shrek

WKR
Congratulations ! Not only can you forget about sleep but you will not even be able to remember what life was like before kids. You will have some vague memory that you used to have a life before kids but it will be like recalling an old movie. Mine is 18 and graduating high school so I can tell you it will go by in the blink of an eye. Savor every moment because it will begone before you know it.

NEhunter

WKR
Congrats! My wife and I just had twin girls back in September. They will keep you very busy. Enjoy the ride, it's a blast.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats to you and your wife! They are beautiful!!

Look forward to seeing them out in the field with you before long!

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats to you and your wife Garrenj! Beautiful girls and beautiful names. The value of sleep just went up :) Thanks for sharing that photo.

ShootToKIll

Banned
congrats! Having kids out on a hunt is the best, hopefully these little girls of yours will come with you!

Yukondog

WKR
Congrats to you and your wife!! I know how taxing bed rest is and the anxiety the goes with it. My wife endured 90 days of total bed rest with our first son Alexander. A big "WELL DONE" goes out to your wife!

Matt

tstowater

WKR
Congratulations and great to hear that everyone is doing well. I didn't have much gray hair before my daughter was born but I don't know if that is coincidental or causal. They will keep you busy and they grow up fast.