My very good friend got Mauled to Death last night.

Sourdough

WKR
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
Dan was an extremely experienced Alaska Outdoorsman, highly successful hunter and fisherman. A true high quality first class friend and pleasure to have spent twenty plus years enjoying his company. I'll add to this post over the next few days. I have had many friends and fellow guides mauled over the last 50 plus years in Alaska.

I hope to put forward some simple and basic truth about bear encounters. The good, the bad, the ugly, and the sometimes funny.

Last edited:

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm very sorry for your loss. My condolences go out to you. What a crappy way to go. RIP

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I caught that someplace on one of these sites. That's too bad and prayers for his family and friends which includes you. Sorry for this loss.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
That is terrible. I hope it was quick and that he did not suffer. May he rest in peace.

Read the quick write up on it, sounds like an all out terrible scenario. Heart goes out to you and the family. Has to be a tuff situation. Prayers for those affected. Only good thing is he was out doing what he enjoyed I'm assuming. Hopefully it was quick.

Very sad news. Strength and positive energy to his family and friends during this time.

This might not be the time or place, and if so, I apologize. But, I personally would rather go that way, than from some form of insidious cancer or shot by some thug during a robbery. As Billy Goat said, hopefully it was quick.

Last edited:

bbell

WKR
Sorry for your loss. I appreciate you taking the time to fill us in on details and bear encounters. I hope you can find some healing in that process. Blessings.