My Wife's First Bull

Xtorminator

Lil-Rokslider
I wanted to share some photos and the story of my wife’s first bull on our Idaho back country hunt. It was a 3 hour hike into our base camp. The hunting was tough even though we were in elk every day. Most of the bull were one and done. We would get one bugle then nothing. We tried everything, cow calling, passive bugles, aggressive bugles, still hunting, spot and shot and just covering lots of ground. Nothing was working for the first six days. Thank god for lucky number seven. At day light I started out with some cow calls, nothing. Then a locator bugle. BANG, a full out aggressive bugle. We moved up the ridge, positioning my wife up ahead about 70 yrds. She motioned that she could see an elk. I let out a few more cow calls. She went to full draw and a few seconds later the arrow was gone. She had just made and excellent shot on her first bull. I went down to where the bull had been standing and found her arrow. She had also gotten her first pass through. When she got to me I turned and spotted her bull lying just 50 yrds away. I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to my wife Rose.

Camp_zpsc039fd5e.jpg

Cooking_zpse1e9cd9f.jpg

Filteringwater_zps65869e0e.jpg

Hunting1_zpsa66a4076.jpg

Hunting2_zps41ddad9d.jpg

Tracking1_zpsfd1e1d68.jpg

Tracking2_zpsbcff103e.jpg

Glory2_zps410eaceb.jpg

KMT

WKR
Congratulations. Nice bull. Hunting hard makes you appreciate it even more.

CONGRATS!!!!!

I noticed she had a full pass through on this bull. What is her setup (weight, draw length) and broadhead? My wife wants to give it a shot and we just bought her a bow Bowtech Heartbreaker. I am impressed she got a full pass through. Thanks for the info and congrats again.

IAHNTR

WKR
Wish my wife would be up for that type of thing. Looks like a blast and a hunt that you two can talk about forever.

OP
Xtorminator

Xtorminator

Lil-Rokslider
CONGRATS!!!!!

I noticed she had a full pass through on this bull. What is her setup (weight, draw length) and broadhead? My wife wants to give it a shot and we just bought her a bow Bowtech Heartbreaker. I am impressed she got a full pass through. Thanks for the info and congrats again.

She shoots a PSE Stiletto at 45# w/23" draw. Her arrows are CX tipped with 100gr Viper Tricks, total weight 363 gr.

Bighorse

WKR
Nice!

Most excellent. She looks genuinly happy. I think you got yourself a good partner there. Congrats on the great kill little lady!