My Wyoming Archery Elk - video

coonazz

FNG
Took me 9 years to draw a tag, but it sure paid off.

Chased after them in the early mornings and then set up on a water hole and hunted all day. On the 4th day, this guy came out around 2pm. Scored 365 4/8.
full-6076-202507-elk2.jpg

Nice Bull! Really nice! I was working on getting my first archery bull this year...weather turned to garbage the last few days and really messed up the end of the season. Next year I'll get it :) Great work. Sitting on that water worked out well for you?

jetsled

FNG
Awesome bull and congrats....and by no means am I trying to be negative, but did you hit that bull just in front of the hind quarter?

OP
coonazz

coonazz

FNG
Awesome bull and congrats....and by no means am I trying to be negative, but did you hit that bull just in front of the hind quarter?

No worries. I was very critical of my shot. I rushed it and shot a tad high and should have waited for a quartering away shot. However, I did manage to get both lungs and he only went 30 yards at the most.

Hoyt RX1, with Iron Will v125 broadheads. (Shooting close to 300fps.)

jetsled

FNG
No worries. I was very critical of my shot. I rushed it and shot a tad high and should have waited for a quartering away shot. However, I did manage to get both lungs and he only went 30 yards at the most.

Hoyt RX1, with Iron Will v125 broadheads. (Shooting close to 300fps.)
Congrats again man! Killer bull, and the bugling action was insane!